What are you working on currently? (2020)

A hat that has the eyes follow you.

22 Likes

Made this singular earring. It’s pretty much a remnant of an old backstory of one of my OC’s which I abandoned.

It was originally going to feature this ancient CSG model I imported from Roblox Studio, but due to the huge faces and vertex mess, it was easier and faster to simply make a new one.

3 Likes

I once created a gravity simulation and made a video about it

Although I think in this older version I wasn’t using the actual gravitational constant to calculate gravitational force.

4 Likes

Nice, I love seeing this sort of stuff in Roblox. Did you use something like constraints to simulate the physics?

Instead of using forces, I decided to make my orbits “on rails” with the CFrame of the body updated every frame based upon some geometry. Given the body’s orbital parameters, I can solve for the body’s eccentric anomaly at any given point at time, use geometry to find the corresponding position on its ellipse, and then rotate this position in 3D space according to the orbit’s inclination and longitude of ascending node. This allows for some pretty cool situations which still run with good performance, like running a simulation of 100 planets/moons in a solar system at 10 million times speed.

Right now you can fully edit any of the orbital parameters and physical properties of the bodies in real-time. I’m looking to hopefully add collisions for sub-orbital trajectories and between orbiting bodies, in order to hopefully make it a bit more fun, since I’m interested in the educational potential of this sort of game, but I’m not sure anyone is going to play it if it brings the same dry feeling as a high school physics course.

2 Likes

I just used each part’s velocity property

2 Likes

I’ve just cleared out my local plugins from Studio by publishing them to Roblox. Don’t know if these two utility plugins are of any use to anyone else, but they’re now available for all to use. There’s no buttons for these plugins, just (de)activate them via the context menu on the ribbon bar.

LastInputBar
Displays the last KeyCode, Position and UserInputType values that UserInputService received. This can be docked, and scaled down to only show the title bar (which is how I use it).

https://www.roblox.com/catalog/4927325179/LastInputBar

Blank Window
Just creates a blank plugin window. Displays the current window (viewport) size in its title bar. I use this for designing the UI, layout and determining minimum window size of my plugins visually before “Roactifying” them.

https://www.roblox.com/catalog/290444500/Blank-Window

3 Likes

I recognize that from Worlds Adrift… I can’t wait to see what you’re gonna do with that.

3 Likes

So, this creates a Desktop window? If it is, this can be abused?

2 Likes

It’s just a plugin window. You can access it from the PluginGuiService. It’s no more susceptible to abuse as any other plugin window is.

My primary use for it is previewing how my plugin UI looks inside a physical plugin window without having to write any code to create a new window.

1 Like

I was working on quite a bit lately.

Split Server Players, have players across the server, similar to how ForeverHD made his infinity player server, but this time, remade to work with current MessagingService limitations.

Customized Bubble Chat, a modified version of Roblox Bubble Chat that showed a typing status, bubble color, text color, and even font to change.

But now, the irony…
I’m working on getting my account un-terminated yet again, over reviewal of my code.

That’s for my year of 2020.

15 Likes

17 Likes

FINALLY getting to something that feels right! Here’s a simulated McLaren 720s engine I’ve implemented inside of roblox! It’s attached to a new chassis I’m working on and I can’t wait to release it to vehicle simulator!

Current features
-Realistic torque polynomial distribution model modeled after real life dyno charts of said cars
-Realistic mass conversion from cars
-Realistic gears, drive train, & gear ratios gathered from real-world data
-Traction control
-Launch control

Planned features
-Air resistance (especially important when acceleration at high speeds)
-Sound system based on engine RPM

16 Likes

Played with procedural terrain generation with perlin noise.

Color really does matter!

Water Shadow?

18 Likes

I decided to try making a GTA-style pedestrian system and it turned out really well!

Programming details

With help from a few different forum topics, I was able to come up with a system that looks good and performs decently!

About this system:

• all visuals (character model, walking animations) are done client side
  • pedestrians exist as a single moving part on the server
  • collisions are disabled to save performance
  • full customizability over path, speed, and appearance.
  • mode for making npcs follow a series of waypoints (path mode)
  • mode for making npcs wander around with random positions
  • (the best one) a mode the allows players to knock down the pedestrians!
  • It stays performant by doing everything it possibly can on the client, keeping server tax to a minimum.
  • two different movement quality levels:
  1. first level: simply welds the character to the server part, which has the least performance impact but stutters slightly since its just the server moving it
  2. second level: more expensive (but still performant) uses allignPosition and allignOrientation to make the character follow the server part. In the case that the part lags or stutters, the dampening in the physics movers makes it un-noticeable. I had to use a hacky method to disable collisions with this mode.

here is a video of 50 pedestrians using the second movement quality level under the “wandering” mode.

Similar to games like GTA or Lego City Undercover, It has a mode that allows you to knock over pedestrians!

test it all out here!

20 Likes

Very satisfying :open_mouth:

https://venyx.wtf/medias/wnWKVFRT2m.mp4

14 Likes

Im currently studying anathomy, texturing PBR and sculpting.

27 Likes

Honestly, you need to Open source it, that’s epic.

2 Likes

Recent thumbnail and game icon I made for the upcoming game Skyblock by Easy.gg

12 Likes

Wandering off the usual to test intros and further mixing.

Recap of the end of March

7 Likes

really nice hat you make… i hope this hat come out in roblox catalog and it really make much more creepy when playing the scary game. well done!

2 Likes