What are you working on currently? (2020)

I’ve been working on a complete rewrite of rbxmk for the past few weeks, with the goal of having a Lua API that closely matches that of Roblox. I’ve just finished optional integration of API dumps to validate properties. Here’s an example that demonstrates falling back to a sensible default when no descriptors are loaded, as well as enum conversions with correct validation. It also shows basic reading and writing to the file system:

6 Likes

A new showcase game, here are some pics.

7 Likes

That seems interesting, about the chat colors.

About the rich text, will definitely when it become public, for now, it’s via TextService.

I might implement private message and a way to support chat commands.

Regarding opensource, perhaps. :eyes:

3 Likes

New NS 4300 locomotives for the game Streamlined. Like the smaller engine I posted a while back, this has been completely reworked from the ground up.

These too were British locomotives transferred over to the Netherlands, second photo shows my model from 2018 (right) and the new one!

12 Likes

Are you sure this isn’t a professionally photographed picture of a palace? This. Looks. Amazing!

2 Likes

Been tinkering with a VR-ish camera akin to google cardboard for the past few days. I think I’ve gotten far enough to opensource it now.

17 Likes

22 Likes

Just made this little guy, now working on rigging and animating him.

6 Likes

Second model! He’ll be rigged and animated by Erythia for Creatures of Agartha. :smile:

snook

27 Likes

Bonus, an incomplete drawing that I don’t intend to finish

6 Likes

Been working on adding lots of new stuff to 4Sight, the game I originally made for the RDC Game Jam. Just finished up work on the singleplayer game mode, now it’s time to make more puzzles!

3 Likes

I made a seamlessly wrapping compass UI! Labels fade in and out based on proximity to the center & edges. The degree interval and the spacing between labels can be customized; it’s generated at runtime. The number of text labels used is determined by 2 + (1 / (spacing * increment) to get the minimum number of labels required to swap out without breaking the illusion that the compass is truly seamless.

This is for an FPS project I’m working on; you will be able to tag your enemies and their relative positions will appear on the compass, as well as your teammates’ positions.

25 Likes

Working on grenades for my new Roblox game Ultimate Paintball!

They aren’t perfect right now. I have to fix tons of issues with them currently (i.e spawn killing)
I’m trying to recreate the paintball gun from the original game “Ultimate Paintball” as faithfully as I can while adding quality of life changes for a better experience.

8 Likes

Some lazy hotel game stuff I did this morning lol

26 Likes

25 Likes

Getting development started for my new game BLOXMANIA
So far, just working on the UI and graphics for the game. Here’s the first proto-type game icon :slight_smile:

Should be putting together a team soon, keep an eye out :wink:

bloxamania

5 Likes

Love the icon! I’ll be wanting to play when it comes out! :grinning:

1 Like

Simple tool giver I made. Not much tbh

3 Likes

My plans for the alpha for the Hunger Games: Reimagined is almost complete, just need a few adjustments here and there so I can plan a day to open it to public for a few hours.

• Added loot sphere (drops when players get killed, interact with it for 3 seconds for their loot)
  • Terrain now has randomized colors based on a preset that changes every round

• Playtest NPC and an information area
4 Likes

Yes finally! Please link the game here when you release it! When I first joined Roblox in 2012 (on another account), it was the old hunger games that me and all my siblings played together. It holds a very special place in my heart. Glad to see an updated version coming up! :slight_smile:

2 Likes