What are you working on currently? (2020)

Philly recreation

16 Likes

Just learned how to 3D model a week ago and my game starting to look kinda shmexy :slight_smile:

21 Likes

I drew this I think I like the way it turned out

12 Likes

I am working on a city but no screen shots since I am trying to make that map first.

1 Like

Woah, that’s cool. I had a similar project a while ago, maybe you can borrow some ideas from it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9p4hyYM-tg

It was procedural planets with a chunk-based loading system (like Minecraft), different types of planets would generate different resources. Good luck with your project, I’d love to play it one day!

1 Like

Just updated my BasicState module to include built-in Roact integration. It’s experimental, but very happy with it so far! So much easier to use than Rodux.

A random comic book style UI concept

5 Likes

18 Likes

CP_orange_x3 map when?

hey, what if like… instead of everyone remaking their own city. why don’t you guys team up and remake each city, one at a time?

…?

23 Likes

20 Likes

Currently working on a new matchmaking system for a commission which includes the creation and joining of public and private servers. These servers are customization from the difficulty, map, and privacy.

2 Likes

Made a cool mysterious object float around in space :grinning:

11 Likes

I’m working on a cool game called noob factory!

*scripted

4 Likes

I love the dark feeing of rooms

2 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/535514561986428929/748067037007446026/2020-08-26_15-30-47.mov

kinda working on my admin system, here’s a video of me using the double click to resize feature. (coregui will be hidden when maximized)

13 Likes

Little bit of clipping there

25 Likes

making a rocket game cause i think it would be pretty fun

oh snap(get it? i made it snap to a grid. what a terrible pun)

wowzers some exciting fx and buttons

(dedicated thread)

27 Likes

2020 has been a big year! Due to the pandemic I have had a lot of time to developer, let me showcase it. (didnt do it before bc it was all wip)

Bare in mind some of these are from my other devs and I do not take full ownership on these assets;

8 Likes

With this project I’m taking a lot inspiration from Surviving Mars, Planetary Annihilation, Astroneer. I want to make my planets procedure but it presents a lot of research I will have to do, so instead I’m thinking to “rig” planets in blender so I can create oceans and mountains on the planet. Then I can create procedural star systems that will measure the distance away from the star and decided the type of planet and the orbits trajectory.

Each player will get their own star system and develop/colonize it. As players develop their technologies they could travel to other stars and colonize them. I don’t think their will be combat all though I may implement such system like Planetary Annihilations but I want to keep it players racing each other to construct technological wonders like a Dyson Sphere. Like in Factorio, the game basically ends when you construct the rocket, but it took a lot of time to get their. I don’t know where this project will turn into, I’m hoping into some form of a factory game like Factorio and Satisfactory with some star/planet systems where player compete to develop their tech as fast as they can.

I can confirm this, I will finish this project, everyday I contribute at least something to it. Thanks for you insight!

4 Likes