What are you working on currently? (2020)

Is that supposed to be a knight or something?

learning modeling lol - custom rig modeling day 4

9 Likes

How is that possible? Did you use viewportFrames?

Nice job!

off brand mantis CIWS

just for a programmable ammo concept, ez timed detonation and distance caculation

every 3 rounds a tracer

22 Likes

Made some new hats :slight_smile:

35 Likes

(Somewhat) Better alternative to Roblox’s FillWedge. A problem I have with Terrain:FillWedge is that it can result in a lot of unwanted artefacts / holes. As a result, I made my own custom FillWedge function that performs better in my opinion (where I cannot get Roblox’s to look better).

Roblox’s
My version
Bunny as wedges
Converted

I used OBJ Collision Generator Plugin for the bunny and figure it was also useful for importing custom terrain as wedges (where instead of a heightmap, I can import 3D terrain with caves and then convert to terrain using my function.)

The function if anybody wants is,

function FillWedge(wedgeCFrame, wedgeSize, material)
    local terrain = workspace.Terrain
    local Zlen, Ylen = wedgeSize.Z, wedgeSize.Y
    local longerSide, shorterSide, isZlonger
    if Zlen > Ylen then
        longerSide, shorterSide, isZlonger = Zlen, Ylen, true
    else
        longerSide, shorterSide, isZlonger = Ylen, Zlen, false
    end

local closestIntDivisor = math.max(1, math.floor(shorterSide/3))
    local closestQuotient = shorterSide/closestIntDivisor
    local scaledLength = closestQuotient*longerSide/shorterSide    
    local cornerPos = Vector3.new(0, -Ylen, Zlen)/2

for i = 1, closestIntDivisor - 1 do
        local longest_baselen = (closestIntDivisor-i)*scaledLength
        local size, cf = Vector3.new(math.max(3, wedgeSize.X), closestQuotient, longest_baselen)
        if isZlonger then
            cf = wedgeCFrame:toWorldSpace(CFrame.new(cornerPos) + Vector3.new(0, (i-0.5)*closestQuotient, -longest_baselen/2))
        else
            cf = wedgeCFrame:toWorldSpace(CFrame.Angles(math.pi/2, 0, 0) + cornerPos + Vector3.new(0, longest_baselen/2, -(i-0.5)*closestQuotient))
        end
        terrain:FillBlock(cf, size, material)
    end

local diagSize = Vector3.new(math.max(3, wedgeSize.X), closestQuotient*scaledLength/math.sqrt(closestQuotient^2 + scaledLength^2), math.sqrt(Zlen^2 + Ylen^2)) --Vector3.new(3, 3, math.sqrt(Zlen^2 + Ylen^2))
    local rv, bv = wedgeCFrame.RightVector, -(Zlen*wedgeCFrame.LookVector - Ylen*wedgeCFrame.UpVector).Unit
    local uv = bv:Cross(rv).Unit
    local diagPos = wedgeCFrame.p - uv*diagSize.Y/2
    local diagCf = CFrame.fromMatrix(diagPos, rv, uv, bv)
    terrain:FillBlock(diagCf, diagSize, material)
end
29 Likes

Presenting my first ROBLOX UGC work

8 Likes

Made some random music…

I call it “Forest” or “Forest Morning”, or something. You are free to use this in your game as long as you give credit, and put the name of the song in the credit.

6 Likes

Could you send the link of the already uploaded file because some of us don’t feel like wasting bobux and re uploading it.

I don’t have it uploaded because my robux balance is 0. xD

Robux?

Wow looks really nice, was this the game you were talking about which had destructible maps and all those neat features, or something else?

For reference I mean this:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/what-do-you-think-fps-games-on-roblox-currently-lack/23243

1 Like

oh that’s okay

yes bobux means robux.

If you did want to download it click on the three dots.

I’m currently working on a Sci-fi research labs type of thing. Roughly based off of Innovation Labs. I added in a meltdown system yesterday, so that was neat. The video is a preview of it.
Here’s the link to the game: Contrivance Labs [Preview Version] - Roblox

6 Likes

Finishing my bank vault, however details are still missing and there are also small improvements to the map that make the map look better :wink:

39 Likes

I’m not kidding about this but your building is better than jailbreak. If you start doing jobs, you could be earning thousands a year at much a young age!

3 Likes

I just made this because I was bored.

2 Likes

I’m working on a wizard game here is a video of some of it :slight_smile:

https://kapwi.ng/c/SFMmb9sm

2 Likes

Working on a different approach.

11 Likes

I really like your music! Do you have a tread that showcases all your music in one spot?

1 Like