What are you working on currently? (2020)

This is my first game,I’m developing it for a month.I used the capture the flag template because I’m new to scripting.It is a fighting game and the gameplay is pretty simple to understand:you and your team have to raid enemy’s fortress to get the flag.The game is space themed so I tried to make it look like a space station or an artificial space terrain.There is still a lot of work to do (i think this’ll get 4-5 months to develop)cause I want to make a good game that people will enjoy Here there are some screenshots but remember that the game is still in its first development stages .What do you think about it for being my first game ?Will it be good?Can you give me some advices?

3 Likes

Earlier in the year, to familiarise myself with lua i made a basic dam which opens and closes with sounds and particles.

25 Likes

That looks incredible! Where could I find this game? Amazing work!
Edit:
Don’t worry, I found it :joy:

1 Like

Probably substantial in comparison to other peoples work, but I’m practicing with Blender more. Made a plague doctor mask.

13 Likes

Basic clothing store they said

29 Likes

Re-creating an old project. Fire spreads and tries to consistently point upwards.

14 Likes

tell me when this is done plz. Put me on a list or something

1 Like

I’m really happy to see you want to join testing, added to you the list, I’ll message you when the game is ready for testing. :+1:

If anyone wishes to join the list for future testing, please send me a private message on the devforums and I’ll add you, thanks.

1 Like

Maybe I’m working on a plugin to get the vertices of all Roblox part types (including meshes), idk lol:

4 Likes

practicing some modeling, here is keyborbo and sode

16 Likes

14 Likes

Practising some modelling with Blender and texturing with Substance Painter by making a Sikorsky SH-3 variant. Before and after texturing:

Sikorsky SH-3

17 Likes

I drew a profile picture for myself using vectors (this is not a rendered gfx, I drew it using gravit designer).
Profile picture

1 Like

Now that the inventory system is complete, I can begin working on the status bars:

• Oxygen: you lose oxygen when underwater, if you don’t have oxygen you start losing health, if you get back to the surface with 0 oxygen, it takes 3 seconds for you to start regenerating.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ValidUnimportantChimneyswift-mobile.mp4

• Stamina: you lose stamina while running and possibly jumping (not sure yet), when it reaches 0, it also takes 3 seconds to start regenerating.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CookedRipeDotterel-mobile.mp4

I’m also planning to add hunger and thirst on the left side, but before that I need to make some polls about the mechanics.

Poll 1: how should the run mechanic be triggered? Cancelled poll, the default trigger for the run mechanic is now ctrl (hold)

• Tool (click to activate/ deactivate)
  • Pressing ctrl (not hold)
  • Pressing left shift (not hold)

0 voters

Poll 2: should I add a custom running animation?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

How do I join the playtester list?

You can join by sending me a private message, and when the time arrives, you’ll be invited.

7 Likes

bike thing

40 Likes

That is amazing! Nice work mate! :innocent:

1 Like

I would actually recommend holding control down. Because holding it gives the player a faster reaction time. This is because having to press it again to stop sprinting would take longer than if you just release it. If you use shift some people might accidentally turn on sticky keys which you have to close that window in order to keep on playing.

I think you can detect if the player has a key down by doing:

local UIS = game:GetService("UserInputService")

UIS.InputBegan:Connect(function(Input, GP)
    if GP then return end
        if UIS.IsKeyDown(Enum.KeyCode.LeftControl) then
            -- Sprint
        end
    end
end)

You can read more about IsKeyDown here.

3 Likes

set sail _________

game will be published soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

4 ships 1 island

6/18/2020

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion, the poll was made more to try and check what people want, but I guess that holding ctrl works better, I also added it later because I was not sure if pressing ctrl + w would close roblox, but after testing it was not possible, holding ctrl down will be the running trigger. :+1:

1 Like