What are you working on currently? (2020)

PBR Textures in Beta :hammer_and_wrench:

20 Likes

Working on an oil rig

14 Likes

AK74 and custom ww2 carbine based off mp34 blueprint

16 Likes

Assuming you are using substance painter, can you share layers, share the high poly and then share your low poly mesh so we can better give feedback?

Some problems I notice right off the bat is that many of your details-- scratches, edge wear, etc don’t make sense. Did you use smart materials for the whole thing or did you paint certain aspects yourself?

There are also some problems with reflectivity for your wood and your metal; it could use an overall reduction

Ever since their first introduction in 0.30, fluids in Blox haven’t looked particularly spectacular:

For a very long time now, I’ve wanted to replace those static textures with beautiful animated ones. However, as you can probably tell from the above images, I’m not exactly great at drawing liquids.

So, why not make the computer draw them for me?

The above water texture is procedurally generated on the fly using some pretty neat cellular automata, completely inside of Roblox!

From there, I can then turn them into seamless, looping spritesheets!

So pretty, and so lazy!

edit: and now they’re in game!

export7

39 Likes

Both the meshes are high poly just for show (I won’t import to studio or anywhere yet) - I just quickly textured them and the wood textures are smart materials
edit: also i’ll reduce the edge wear and reflectivity

Made a minimap for terrain.

Here is an open source place, if you want it:

Also… when you join / play the game please be patient, and wait for the minimap to load, as it takes a while for the minimap to load for some reason!

It isn’t compatible with things like parts, meshes, and unions atm, but later on it will.

19 Likes

Made a test render of Taskmaster in Black Widow.

4 Likes

Just got super into modeling, so I installed Blender 2.79. Expect to see more of the image above as it evolves into a character.

2 Likes

Working on a new podcast for the community! Need to poll interest…

• I’m interested to see new community features!
  • Nah, there’s too many roblox podcasts in general

0 voters

2 Likes

Recap of early March

3 Likes

@BodyVelocity

That looks insane!! How did you do that? :open_mouth:

@Disparrel

Heya!

I’d highly recommend upgrading to the latest Blender version (2.82)!
It has many great and important features & improvements.

Best of luck! :slight_smile:

I’ve been working hard on the low-poly assets for my game. :slight_smile:

31 Likes

I am working on a larger version of the classic game “hat wars”. Its not much currently since its fairly fresh. Although I wish i could make a post in scripting support about one script in question since the roblox dev discord is not much of a help. Hope I will have the chance to do that some day!

Working on the Devable Roblox plugin! It will be used for inserting and configuring any products in which you own:

(Login screen)

What do you guys think?

13 Likes

Nice, however I would watch out when asking for an email or external service credentials on Roblox as that may qualify as personal information. Perhaps if you type in a randomly-generated user code (different every time) from your website rather than an email, it would work and not collect “personal information.”
Can’t wait to use the service!

3 Likes

Are you using the “Sculpt” mode for your weapons and such?

2 Likes

No, I model them.
Sculpting low-poly content is really additional, unnecessary work. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Scratch that off. I made my minimap system compatible with parts, meshes, unions, and baseparts now. Here is a screenshot:

You can view the uncopylocked / open-sourced place here:

10 Likes

Hey Jimmy, let’s go play outside!

…on the METAL SLIDE OF DOOM.

I also added a bunch of stuff to that other thing I made, because if you’ve ever been in an agricultural area you know there’s always a bunch of crap laying around

16 Likes

Work in progress UI concepts. :octopus:

5 Likes