What are you working on currently? (2020)

Do you have a game we can have a play with that on? It’s so cool!

2 Likes

Nice, I was thinking of making something like that to play in online servers via studio.

2 Likes

Working on a module to bevel parts, with accompanying union module, and plugin.

Currently supports blocks and wedges. Adding support for cylinders now.

17 Likes

More progress on Madness District. An issue I’ve ran into is that for some reason I can’t connect to the game anymore (neither can any of my friends, i’ve even tried making a post about this issue but somehow the moderator who checked the post managed to connect to the game with no problem and entirely just declined the post, suggesting that the map was “too big” which it probably wasn’t, previous versions with a similar map size ran absolutely fine and i recently removed a significant amount of trees etc (i also ran into this issue before when i just added a gas station. fixed it by reverting versions and just putting it back, no problem whatsoever)),
which might result in me entirely making another map from scratch and losing a year of progress just because of a limitation that doesn’t even make sense. Still building though, I hope it randomly starts working again.

(wow look at the stuff in the distance! totally not glitched because of an update that for some reason forces fog, does alot of visual glitches and removes SSAO)

Along with this, some more soundtrack:
random stressful music that can play sometimes in the velvet district (there will be multiple districts to explore, including the madness district and the velvet district), like in car chases etc

intro theme, totally doesn’t draw a bit of inspiration from crockett’s theme

haha funny flute theme but fitting for a trailer

8 Likes

Working on a Bumper Cars game, so far I’ve finished both custom car and game engines, just need to fix up a few numbers and make sure everything’s working right.

This is a group project- I did all the programming and UI, and had other developers help build maps and cars.

2 Likes

Added support for cylinders, with optional “steps” parameter. By default, it’ll complete cylinders in 20 steps, but look higher quality when steps are increased. Obviously, by increasing the steps, you’re increasing the amount of parts used, so I wouldn’t recommend setting this too high, or it’ll just kill your game.

The module’s by no means perfect, but I think I’ll find it useful in my building. Will open source it soon, when I release the plugin.

Steps; from left to right: 360, 100, 40, 20.

I intend to support CornerWedgeParts too, but these three shapes were my priority.

14 Likes

Not right now. You can’t really do anything like grabbing objects or moving. However, this will be in a playable state with in a few days.

2 Likes

Discovered this awesome new dance move while working on a custom ragdoll system

10 Likes

Remaking some of the elements from prop hunt. No hunting right now, just a room full of props with your nerd friends.

4 Likes

Too juicy not to post; an urban park setting with all kinds of areas to do stuff in. From biking, lunches, playing, and more.

20 Likes

3rd person shooter where you can walk on walls. We are hoping to do an alpha sometime in may

Still pretty early in development but we’re getting there

15 Likes

Added movement to my VR game. This may seem basic(and broken), but is amazing to me.

4 Likes

Once again, started on a Star Wars map, Naboo
3e

14 Likes

Nice looking results. What approach are you using for to create the bevels? Union Subtract / Negate? Mesh? Something else?

1 Like

The images you see have not been unioned. They are just parts. I do, however, have an accompanying module that “fast unions” the parts after bevelling.

However, I don’t recommend unioning cylinders after using the bevel module, as Studio crashed when I attempted to manually union, due to the sheer amount of parts involved with the cylinders.

I may rethink cylinders later after I release the plugin, but for now, it will only support blocks and wedges. The current implementation is probably really overcomplicated.

Proposed example solution for cylinders

1 Like

This BPM goes over 180.

2 Likes

MOAR REALISM!

8 Likes

I’ve been seeing a whole lot of “photo-realistic” buildings on here lately, and I’m curious how they’re being done. Is it done by modelling it in Blender and projecting the picture of a real building onto the mesh? It reminds me a whole lot of Ian Hubert’s building style.

1 Like

Yup, except, i put different textures in one building.

1 Like

Hi! Just wondering, what did you use to create those icons? Looks super clean. :- o

2 Likes