What are you working on currently? (2021)

what city is this based off of?

New York City, (I do not know what else to say)

4 Likes

Final jello attempt. I am satisfied.

How it works:

42 Likes

Wow, that’s what I call talent!

can u squish it all the way down

5 Likes

ToRtLe

Portfolio: [OPEN] TeaCem | 3D Modeling Portfolio

3 Likes

I love it, the T o R t L e is both cute and derpy xD

1 Like

New Building

20 Likes

I’m working on Dispatch, a spiritual successor of a game I owned previously. It’s an open-world (or should I say, “open-track”) railway game that’s set in the Sahara Desert and neighboring regions. The era isn’t disclosed yet, but right now, it’s implied that the game takes place in the 90’s, with some current-day Easter eggs planned.

The detail on the trains is intermediate, meaning it’s not too low-poly and blocky, but not too extreme. Unlike cars and trucks, which are singular vehicles, trains require more physics calculations, therefore the part count for the whole “string” is limited to a certain amount (currently restricted to 250 parts). I’ll run player UX tests during its testing release to see how the trains perform for players of all sorts and I’ll use the results to determine future changes.

Unlike my predecessor game that I mentioned, Dispatch is only focused on one region and era in the world. This means that most of the available trains in the game are pulled by diesel-electric locomotives. During special events or other unique times, there may be futuristic trains for a limited time only. Players can buy them permanently, so there are no worries of losing purchases once an event ends.

21 Likes

that’s cool! How long did building this city take you?

Only 3 months, but with this it will be 4 now

2 Likes

It looks like it would take more than 4 months, you must be working hard on it day and night!

I experimented with Chrome Music Lab and made something, I guess (wip)

2 Likes

That’s some nice music! Are you planning to use this in a future game?

I was just experimenting around and stuff, but who knows? Might use it in the future when I’m fully finished. Had tons of fun messing around with it though.

1 Like

Are you using CSG?
Are cubes with greedy meshing enough for something like that?
Looks awesome

Updated, (a little)

24 Likes

Updated my blocky map.

19 Likes

I love it dude! I love the low-poly-ness of it!

1 Like

Made a McLaren 600LT :smile:

23 Likes