What are you working on currently? (2021)

33 Likes

Finished a plugin to help build circles, or shapes with a certain amount of sides.

It’s gonna be pretty helpful for these types of buildings:

Honestly, this plugin wasn’t as hard as other plugins I had to code, this one took about 60 minutes.

27 Likes

:exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Please release this to the public. :pleading_face:

6 Likes

You should learn/use blender instead of tinkercad (which I assume is what you’re using now), it’s more powerful.

3 Likes

How do you do this!? This looks really cool!

1 Like

Does that use this? @BullfrogBait

There’s a setting called Apothem, click it to change to Radii.

10 Likes

That’s super cool! How’d you achieve this effect??

I finally got a Twitter account! Check it out!

Twitter: Crazedbrick1 (@Crazedbrick1) / Twitter

Portfolio: Crazed | Mid Poly Builder - Collaboration / Portfolios - DevForum | Roblox

Place Link: Mellow Abode [RAR] - Roblox

14 Likes

Made this real-time clock that synchronizes with your time zone:

(pardon choppy film, as I said previously roblox video recorder isn’t very cash money)

16 Likes

Raytracing in Roblox Studio! Benchmarking results now so I can do a before/after when roblox enables some cool optimizations!

128 samples, 4 bounces, and 645,120,000 rays total!

52 Likes

that’s incredible! how long does it take to generate an image like this?

Currently experimenting with terrain generation, and was able to generate this amazing terrain. I am still trying to figure out why there are some holes in the map, since I have it so only blocks exposed to air show, but somehow some blocks still end up missing, but other than that, it works fine.

Randomly generated terrain:

14 Likes

Back from doing my project. Now, I’m working on this GIANT hallway of my Sapphire Caverns map for Flood Escape 2!

6 Likes

Learning terrain generation is such a satisfying experience. Went down a really long perlin rabbit hole in 2018 and I haven’t had that much fun developing in a while. Looks great man.

I used 12 clients to render this in 88 minutes.

4 Likes

Experimenting with perlin noise! I added noise to the ground and to my UI backgrounds

It’s a subtle effect, but you can see a pixelated perlin noise background on the UI frames.

UI fade and scale animations:

A fancy teleport transition:

And, last but not least, a new spawn platform:

20 Likes

I’ve recently been tinkering with some different synth sound design, orchestral layering, and mixing to get a more ethereal feel. Here’s a quick clip:

5 Likes

A big update on dat.GUI - A lightweight graphical user interface and controller library

• Allows custom controllers gui.addCustom (name, {Frame, Color, OnRemove, Height})
    dat_gui_custom
  • Added the controller.help (text) method
    dat_gui_help
  • Added the gui.addLogo (assetId, height) method
  • Allows you to pin folders
    dat_gui_pin
  • Allows to Move (Panels stick when being moved)
    dat_gui_move
  • Allows resizing
    dat_gui_resize
  • Allows you to close
    dat_gui_close
  • Bug fixes in OptionController and ColorController
  • Improved Scroll (works with Drag)
  • Compatibility with touch devices (Mobile, Tablet)
  • Visual and event capture improvements
19 Likes

Cool, so is this kind of like Azure Mines?