What are you working on currently? (2021)

Back from doing my project. Now, I’m working on this GIANT hallway of my Sapphire Caverns map for Flood Escape 2!

6 Likes

Learning terrain generation is such a satisfying experience. Went down a really long perlin rabbit hole in 2018 and I haven’t had that much fun developing in a while. Looks great man.

I used 12 clients to render this in 88 minutes.

4 Likes

Experimenting with perlin noise! I added noise to the ground and to my UI backgrounds

It’s a subtle effect, but you can see a pixelated perlin noise background on the UI frames.

UI fade and scale animations:

A fancy teleport transition:

And, last but not least, a new spawn platform:

20 Likes

I’ve recently been tinkering with some different synth sound design, orchestral layering, and mixing to get a more ethereal feel. Here’s a quick clip:

5 Likes

A big update on dat.GUI - A lightweight graphical user interface and controller library

• Allows custom controllers gui.addCustom (name, {Frame, Color, OnRemove, Height})
    dat_gui_custom
  • Added the controller.help (text) method
    dat_gui_help
  • Added the gui.addLogo (assetId, height) method
  • Allows you to pin folders
    dat_gui_pin
  • Allows to Move (Panels stick when being moved)
    dat_gui_move
  • Allows resizing
    dat_gui_resize
  • Allows you to close
    dat_gui_close
  • Bug fixes in OptionController and ColorController
  • Improved Scroll (works with Drag)
  • Compatibility with touch devices (Mobile, Tablet)
  • Visual and event capture improvements
19 Likes

Cool, so is this kind of like Azure Mines?

Generating with 3D perlin noise, especially with very high amplitudes can look absolutely amazing.

12 Likes

Yes, it’s like a 2D Azure Mines. There’s a lot of differences but they are similar.

2 Likes

That’s so cool, really like the aesthetic. Reminds of bomberman for SNES.
Could be really cool if you had bombs and needed to avoid them after they were deployed.

Yes it uses clouds!

@Nuclearsu I just play around with lighting until I’m satisfied.

2 Likes

Is the plugin free for everyone?
What is the plugin called?

This is going to be very useful.

I suggest trying to remove all the unneeded buttons and changing it into just 1 and having it all be on a DockWidgetPlugin

I don’t like plugins that have a lot of buttons when it can easily be merged into one then the rest can be handled from UI

Just made a house of 273 parts,
the default lighting however made it dark,
I’ll light it up tomorrow.

This is for another FE2 map I’m making inspired by Ghastly harbor of dungeon quest

8 Likes

Im Working On My Difficulty Chart Obby

4 Likes

The other buttons are different plugins I think.

Just u got my respect…It seems so good ! 10/10!

ezgif-7-6f86eab803b0

Made a nice scene with low tris vegetation. (Get WindShake by boatbomber here.)

Note: The edits are from me trying to properly compress the GIF without losing too much quality, the grainy-ness is a result of GIF compression so I could upload it on the DevForum, my apologies.

24 Likes

Looks really nice! I bet a whole scene with shrubbery and stone would look fantastic. Keep it up!

1 Like