What are you working on currently? (2021)

Goal Explosions

There are much more, just haven’t finished yet

15 Likes

Nuke

12 Likes

Can you send me the link for your coral meshes?
I’m also making an underwater game and I’m having a hard time making corals on blender.

I’ve decided that, instead of making an entire 2D engine specifically for my game, I should make a more general-purpose 2D engine.

So far, everything seems to be going well.

game menu

7 Likes
2 Likes

:racing_car:

17 Likes

How do you even do these builds? Everyone says just look at inspiration, but where do you get it, how do you interpret it? And how do you plan it, and how do you know how to create needed shapes and know different ideas and how to put them into parts?

Besides my questions, great build, I always expect the best from you and @Crazedbrick1

(Edit: Weird how I was typing this as you were just active lol.)

3 Likes

Some Progress on my third build :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Looks great. a bit too blurry, and perhaps the sun rays are too sharp and intense. Also, the neon is a bit blurry/too strong. Besides those notes, looks great for your third build!

2 Likes

It will sound weird and simple but …
I’ll be honest, I just use my imagination in my head, and just that, but if that doesn’t work, I go to Google for images

4 Likes

Places like Pinterest and Deviant Art.

We look at it, and we try to replicate it at the best of our ability.

I get some paper and I draw and write down all the ideas I have.

I analyze the reference, and I think about how I can make the asset with the current parts Roblox provides you. Going outside and analyzing your surroundings helps as well.

2 Likes

I wish I could do that. I can write great stories, and use my imagination to draw cool things, but I just am always dumbstruck when thinking of ideas, and putting them into builds. (Also, how do you get over the feeling of being dumb and not being capable?)

1 Like

My family has always been “optimistic” that is why I am also optimistic when it comes to building, and not feeling “useless”

5 Likes

Kind of a cookie-cutter answer, but I get it. (Btw, mind DMing posts/pics of your best builds so far, I haven’t been caught up with your stuff much and wanna see what you have been up to.)

2 Likes

A highway overhead sign I made

ok fixed it

10 Likes

Huh okay. I guess my biggest holdback is being pessimistic, I used to be able to build decent stuff but got pessimistic when I saw other people’s builds and slowly just stopped building. Any tips on getting out of builder blocks and, when you rarely get jealous, unmotivated, or pessimistic, how do you stop and get out of it?

Looks great, very detailed yet simple and elegant, great job. Only one suggestion is to make the green look as it’d stay on the metal plate, bolts, or even braces or smth.

1 Like

I’m exactly the same, but instead of giving up, I use the denotivation to motivate myself. :grin:

It’s still the Mellow Abode lol

1 Like

Please consider this as my advice, don’t let jealousy corrupt you, instead use it as inspiration when you feel like your work is not good enough, instead it will help you get better and better until you are of the best ones, always focus on your development path, take breaks, interact with the family, always stay positive about yourself, negative thoughts bring bad things :wink:

4 Likes