What are you working on currently? (2021)

It doesn’t look like much, but this is the furthest I’ve ever gone so far into developing a game.
(It’s classic styled, so it has studs you cannot see from this screenshot)

All of it done as a solo developer, with all scripting, animating and building done by me.

Under that island you can see, there is an underground bunker where you select perks and characters.
All connected by a fully functional elevator.

2 maps have been made, each fully functional and shown on the rock islands.

My most feature build is a cable car system to a tower that is where you go to join a game, and a built-from-scratch music system so that in different regions, different music is played.

There has been a lot of progress done, but there is a lot that must be completed.

6 Likes

Making a 2-D game test. some bugs will remain!
Some bugs remaining here:
Still 3-D without a 2-D script.
Out of boundaries when even walking to the end of the invisible floor.
Bad collisions on objects. (might count as a bug fail)
Player able to see inside hidden rooms. (counts as a second bug fail)
Player softlock when about to clear the level when there is a obstacle or enemy attacking you by the end of that level (it’s gonna be fixed soon)
(Btw this is what i will work on right now so don’t warn me)

2 Likes

My best work yet
Entity Framework + Combat v2.0

1 Like

You shouldn’t make posts solely to insult someone.

He’s just trying to showcase realistic lighting on a chair. Who cares if it isn’t too much? Just leave him be man.

1 Like

The difference is small but noticeable if you look closely. Shadows diffract in real life, because of the surface area of a light source, meaning, that the smaller the surface area of a light, the sharper the shadows are going to be. This is best shown off in this Ray Tracing demo by Nvidia:

Basically what I did why try to replicate that in Roblox using real life examples.

7 Likes

Hmm, I wonder. :thinking:

Edit: The post I responded to is now deleted, so there’s not context, but I didn’t make this build. It’s created by @Crazedbrick1. Just made this little edit because I’ve seen people liking this post recently.

11 Likes

Ask questions rather than overreacting on unchecked assumptions.

I’m trying to stay as calm as I can but it’s incredibly hard after being insulted and falsely accused of lying.

Assuming things based on surface-level information. Ask questions rather than blatantly insulting someone just because you want to. There are 64 surface lights arranged on an 8x8 grid to cause relative shadow diffraction.

There is a larger surface light to SIMULATE Global Illumination, bringing the total count to 65 lights.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: what.
As if I’m actually going to get “clout” from this. This is a devforum not social media. At most people would just like the post, move on, and forget about the person who posted it. Also, just flag it as spam, nothing’s stopping you.

What I find very odd is that you decide not to flag my post, but insult and attack me for making it. Honestly dude, you’re obsessing over such a small thing and overreacting with anger instead of asking questions. Literally this is just a post that has such little impact on your or anyone’s life, why are you making such a big deal out of this? Go touch some grass.

4 Likes

Hey, there is no need to let this conflict drag on anymore. Please move on to DMs and feel free to flag any off-topic posts.

Btw I think that if you added another model, like an armchair, it could be easier to perceive the graduation in the shadows. We could compare the realistic effect if there’s a thicker model as well.

@Sir_Highness It would be cool if you also included interactable ballast bags to be able to fly higher :wink:

1 Like

I just released my first Roblox game (Bouncy Balls)

30 Likes

that looks sick but for some reason fabric texture tends to annoy me

1 Like

once again i have prooved that i am assosicated with him if u would want proof dm me.

Finished another commission!

I would recommend doing commissions if you are starting out, you learn SOOOO much.

10 Likes

Some of those paintings are haunting me. :flushed:

Was that for @Infinite_Visions by any chance? :sunglasses:

:flushed:

2 Likes

Trying to figure out the best way to handle sprite collision. I’m not particularly confident in the method I’m using right now.

Yes it was lol. Why do you ask?

Because he was my client once and he made an AMAZING plugin for me. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hello, weary reader, do not fear, for the arguements about chairs and lighting have ended from hereon out. Still frustrated at people?

https://www.roblox.com/games/6853273470/Bash-Your-Head-Into-A-Wall?refPageId=5af8c426-2954-4917-b9b5-47361d73c36d

Imagination Industrial games are the perfect scientific remedy for relieving one’s stresses and anxieties. 9/10 doctors recommend. and 1/10 know the truth.

6 Likes

More progress on my open world vehicle building game Astromakers

The planet is randomly generated and the plane was made by a player. The plane can be downloaded from the in game global library of creations made by other players
https://streamable.com/24bkap

35 Likes

This game is just truly amazing. :sunglasses::ok_hand: