What are you working on currently? (2021)

I’m currently working on “Little Japantown.” Little Japantown 🎙️🗾 | NEW! - Roblox

25 Likes

Decided to celebrate the Tokyo 2020 olympics by making over a stadium I made a while ago into an olympic stadium :flag_jp:

16 Likes

Another update to my rasterizer:
-replaced old culling method with a proper z-buffer
-got rid of the modulo spam cheese in the main renderer code, turns out it really isnt needed if you arent creating instances/you already have a path to the frames
-implemented phong shading
-implemented the phong lighting model
-fixed the tearing bug
(still runs on 1 thread)

22 Likes

I tried leaving roblox a few days ago
and failed miserably apparently within 1st week.
I feel shameful for the fact that I can’t stay with my word smhhhh, school hasn’t started yet and I was dying of boredom and hence used studio once again.
Anyways, what I had been doing in studio for the past few days, you may ask?

And finally this thing which I was working on for 4-5 days I guess and I today realized, I’m not satisfied with it already XD

non roblox development related stuff

eye

also
one random video i just made on me making one random thing using archimedes:

18 Likes

Well, that’s one of the examples of humans’ behaviors. They’ll do whatever they wanted to do as long it’ll make their life easier.

1 Like

A QuadTree and OctTree system, I will probably use these in the future for a flock simulation script, and maybe even make a module out of it for Public (Depends how well it goes).
QuadTree

OctTree

14 Likes

I made a burger king lol

Original Post: Feedback on my Burger King build

8 Likes

The not so identical looking White House. Yay or nay?

@Crazedbrick1 wat do u think?

29 Likes

this reminds me of this thing i made lol

9 Likes

Mmm, Burger King, my favorite :yum:

Do they get arrested? Or would that not be realistic?

Jeez, Bro, your building is cool :smiley:

I’m not a builder, but I decided to try out building by recreating 2Fort from Team Fortress 2 in ROBLOX, and, behold, the fruits of my construction labors.

(2Forts - Roblox)

11 Likes

I will get used to this

22 Likes

Holy sha-moly! I love it! 9.5/10! But the second image doesn’t look too good, for some reason, perhaps it’s due to the fact that you have outside driveway lights inside a building.

1 Like

A GUI based simulator eerily similar to a website you might know.

3 Likes

I know this might not seem like much at first if you guys have a bit of experience in this, since really all I did was interpolate the texture coordinates and multiplied them by my barycentric coordinates. But the cool thing here is this isn’t streamed in. These two textures are 100x100 and are stored as a JSON string in a module script. I generated that data from a tool I coded with help from png-js and nodejs’s file system. It can store as much textures as you want theoretically as long as the json string doesnt exceed 200kb (the mans is 112 kb and the waifu is 164kb)

this is still on one thread, no streaming. I get 20fps at 100x100 (image is 200x200) but also I have a really bad processor (2.7 ghz) so theoretically seeing as modern processors are like 4ghz it could probably get to 40 fps? Idk. Modulo spam check cheese is gone here btw and the biggest bottleneck here is changing the pixels color. As I type this out, i am thinking of an optimization to counteract this, maybe check if the color changed instead of constantly resetting all the colors to the waifu after each frame?

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 7.29.15 PM

15 Likes

You can bunch the pixels up into groups with uigradient, 1 frame = roughly 8 pixels

3 Likes

Yea someone told me to use this resource for optimizing it. However I just did benchmarking and it turns out that it is only accountable for about 1/20th of the time of a frame [POC] Optimized Frame Image Rendering With UIGradients

3 Likes

A library thing I made:

5 Likes