What are you working on currently? (2021)

Wasn’t sure if this is better posted here or as a helpful resource. For anyone who wants it, I’ve just open-sourced my old skill based movement systems based on Quake and strafing. Hopefully someone can find it useful.

Code is old and likely very deprecated. Find it here: https://www.roblox.com/games/1108213240/OPEN-SOURCE-RoQuake-V1-Demo

6 Likes

:tv:

40 Likes

I highly recommend making a map with content rather than making a large map. Players don’t want to spent most of their time getting from point A to B instead of actually playing the game.

2 Likes

the wild west has a pretty large map, at least 5k by 5k, but since it has means of transport and different things to do at different places, it might sometimes be fun to travel! maybe if he add like ways to travel?

1 Like

Started drawing sprites again

spr_player_left
spr_player_neutral
spr_player_right

I might be better at this than I thought.

7 Likes

9 Likes

Working on making a non buggy tank

2 Likes

I’m just working on my 3D modelling skills in blender.
light post
giant light post
ruler

sword
blade4 good
and texturing.

:smiley:

9 Likes

Been working on a Juke’s Towers of Hell, check it out fan-game called Ryan’s Terribly Treacherous Towers in RetroStudio

It’s been a fun and wild ride so far, and it’s even featured! It has a nice community for a tower game too. I can’t wait to see what happens for the future of this game!

If you want to play it, the ID is 354425630_1
Or you could just look on the first page of featured, whatever floats your boat.

8 Likes

I also made this really basic tree in Blender. (just for some fun)
treemodel1
I created another tree with the same textures (for fun too!)
treemodel2

10 Likes

aaa more progress on 2d fighter side project

unarmed nair + sair done

+hitting someone in the air cancels grav and keeps them in that pos now so u can do air combos

knockback bugs fixed (values still not adjusted right at all tho they still just demo values)

24 Likes

i will the map is for a game the theme is fantasy and pirate things

18 Likes

I’ve just open-sourced another of my very old places. Hopefully it can help someone learn.

Perlin generation is the foundation for Minecraft type terrain (theirs also uses wormholes and other algorithms).

This code is from 2017-2018, it probably has deprecated calls.

OPEN SOURCE: https://www.roblox.com/games/1084421511/OPEN-SOURCE-Perlin-Noise-Showcase

17 Likes

Currently working on a cartoon themed obstacle course game. I have put a lot of work into over the years, but the full version of the game is dropping in December so I thought I’d share :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Do you know of any good photo editing software’s?

That’s a crazebrick1 build alright.

• Good color scheme
  • FAN
1 Like

Started my component journey by using Fusion and I think it came out pretty nicely. Added a blur to the UI because why not :woot:

@Dawgcool13 A magician never reveals his secrets :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Just kidding, read How to make UI Gaussian Blur (Depth of Field)

13 Likes

Dang… how did you manage to blur the background with GUI on it? The only way to blur (that I know of) is with the BlurEffect, which covers the entire screen.

Sorry for the late response but thats super good. Just curious tho… What like music production program do you use? Or whatever you would call it lol.