What are you working on currently? (2021)

I want to avoid Steve having bendable limbs since it takes away the “Minecraft” feel from the animation. Also, skinned meshes aren’t available on Moon Animator yet, at least to my knowledge.

But many famous animators use that like black plasma studios

copyright ???
i guess no because it amazing

You could always use blender, it’s a easier program that’s easy to learn. Famous developer groups like ROLVE (Arsenal) and Games Unite (Games Unite Testing Place) has used blender for animating their weapons in their games.

they don’t need to do what famous people do

Actually it would look cool with them

The grass dont look bumpy. Is u not having good normals for them

I personally disagree - If they’re going for a minecraft scene it would look better w/o them. Minecraft doesn’t have PBR Textures.

Can I get some critique, I need to get better :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just be aware of copyright stuff by the way. Also aren’t PBR materials still in open beta?

Working on a HUGE game with my studio. Set to release this month!

Sneak peak of some assets!

6 Likes

5 Likes

Hi. This morning I created a little demo for my Ecs!

Link: https://www.roblox.com/games/8123085895/Chaos-Equation
Ecs: https://github.com/HawDevelopment/River
Source code: https://github.com/HawDevelopment/ChaosRBX

11 Likes

Copyright for what exactly?

FOR THE TEXTURES
I’m using a free texture pack called Bare Bones, which is supposed to mimic the textures used in Minecraft promotional material.

FOR THE MATERIAL ITSELF
Making a Minecraft animation isn’t illegal nor does it violate copyright laws. Other animators like Blue Monkey and Element animation have their channels dedicated to only Minecraft content and they are not in violation of copyright.

2 Likes

Can you stop asking to work with EVERYONE? It is obvious there is pbr on the blocks, please stop fussing about it.

3 Likes

Nice I didn’t know people would use my gun sheathe sound (the one you used twice)

1 Like

But those animations are clickbait and horrible. The skinned mesh rigs look terrible, same with the old lego movies (not the new lego movie with realistic joints).

1 Like

I was working on doors for an upcoming game, and realized there was no good public resource for tweening PVInstances around their pivot points. Whipped up a small utility in a few minutes, and I was good to go. Don’t need anything more than this for now, but I could always expand it into a proper PivotTween object later.

See my reply for something better.

Jumpscare

4 Likes

Obby devlog 2!

its been like 2 weeks. sheesh
anyway, like a week ago i finished an idea of what the obby should look like

and today i tried making a prototype of what an obby floor would look like :stuck_out_tongue:

its still kinda rough (ill need to add height variation and more platforms/floor) but for a random 1-week old concept, hell yeah

like obbies? follow me and ill blast you with some

7 Likes

Mojang gets their animations from a seperate company, by the way.