What are you working on currently? (2022)

I’m working on improving my my texturing skills, currently experimenting with blender’s vertex weight system, I’m planning on moving to a better program for texturing soon though.

193 Likes

Currently I am working on a simulator game!

It is still in beta and is a WIP, meaning there are a few bugs, but I am proud so far. It is a hybrid of a speed simulator with racing!

Game link for Super Speed Race Simulator

I am also working on a commission, which is A RACING GAME!

Through the time I have been working on it, I have found that it is actually a lot of fun to play. Right now, I am adding mobile controls and an epic podium!

Game link for RoStock Racing

101 Likes

Happy New Year everyone!

I spent the last 7 months working on an isometric shooter inspired by Brawl Stars. This year has already started off great as the game was just released to testers. Hopefully the summer of 2022 is when we officially release.

Here are some pictures

228 Likes

Happy New Year!

I’ve been getting ready to open source some assets from my projects, including:

Some medieval buildings.

A small collection of trees, which I’ve just finished optimizing.

Some beach assets.

They’re all a bit mismatched but I don’t need them anymore. When everything is optimized and ready I’ll release it :+1:

246 Likes

I added a new fireplace to my super epic definitely not pay to win simulator game.

The fireplace gifts the money ashes to a random player in the server. I plan on adding a few more updates and something to spend the money ashes on soon.

(For everyone who’s free to play, you get 1 money ash every minute because I’m so generous and such a good dev.)

If you haven’t gotten the gist of this yet. Everything I’ve said here is sarcastic.

edit: privated game because it’s buggy and just not good.

83 Likes

Centrifugal space station part 3:

Edit: More neon

Happy new years!

Playtest:

295 Likes

Projects from last year [2021]:

Renaissance Simulator

Currently Finished

Type: Simulator, Realism
Space: Tons of Players
Scripts: Transition, Cash and Collective System, Datastore2

Screenshots

Undefined Backrooms

Partially Completed

Type: Suspense and exploration
Space: Team
Scripts: Position datastore, algorithm generation

Screenshots:

Explore the game:

Undefined Reddish Library

Currently Finished

Type: Exploration
Space: Few Players
Scripts: JSON Code, Roblox API

Video Example

Ill be very honest, idk what to do with this game right now, it was an API attempt to get a random game from roblox.

Since it takes up space on my profile, I will uncopylock it when this post becomes more known

Projects this year [2022]:

Star Tower Defense

Primitive State

Type: Tower Defense, Realism
Space: Unknown
Scripts: Unknown

Perfect View: Rain Screen

Currently Finished

Type: Adventure and Calm
Space: Few Players
Scripts: BadgeService3, ProfileService, Season cycle

Screenshots:

Explore the game:

Happy new year!!!

134 Likes

A building system, and using my Pro Controller for haptics, this year will be awesome for me and development.

The game links:

Main game (it’s private right now), and the testing servers (that are public atm)

Besides that, In general I want to expand my scripting + UI skill much further, and finally make my Discord bot work again. I’m going to try to get better at workspace interaction, and client + server stuff.

Happy new year 2022!

yeah, @Dawgcool13 was right, i was nonstop refreshing here to get early lol, but i spent like a min writing the paragraph after putting the video bc i forgot that needed to happen for some reason:/

UPDATE 2/13
Working on my UI Style!

UPDATE 4/4

Working on an admin panel!
(if enough ppl complain about it i will hide this, but nobody cares about how long the post is rlly)

i will put more later once i finish coding the settings page and feel like exiting it again

5/9/22
more UI!

88 Likes

Happy 2022. I made a new part-only, no-plugins showcase for a building contest.

And as per usual, continued work on my biggest showcase. I’ve added a ton of stuff and am actually working on it as I post this reply.

Thank you all for your continual support of my endeavors.

135 Likes

For those of y’all from the future, we definitely camped here. I spent around 15 seconds getting formatting right, though.

Hey! :partying_face: It’s 2022! Let’s make this year better than the last!

These past few days, I’ve been solo developing a remake of a gamemode found in a different game called ‘ball tag’. I had plans to do this a while back, but it seems like now is the perfect time to develop and release a game like this. It’s not as massive of a game compared to other projects, and it’s not a hardcore game, but it’s still fun for me to develop!

If you’re not familiar with the gamemode, here’s the gist: A player is randomly chosen and is given a ball. If they throw the ball, and that ball touches a different player, that player is now tagged and has to pick up the ball again and tag someone else quickly. Once the timer runs out, both the tagged player and the ball are eliminated, as well as everyone else who is unfortunate enough to be near them. The goal is to be the last player standing.

Got it? You’ve probably got the right idea in your head… BUT you didn’t exaggerate it enough. You’ll probably understand it better with a clip from the game.

I’m just being careful when saying the following videos might trigger epilepsy. Don’t worry, I’ll try to reduce this once the game releases.

I also want to show off the spectating system that I made a day ago (or a year ago, if you want to make that kind of a joke :pensive:). It took a few hours to get it working properly, but in the end it was well worth it.

(Physics are a little delayed when you’re running 4 different instances of a game at once. I’m good at the game, I promise.)

There’s some other features that I would like to show, but unfortunately can’t. These include:

• Great mobile support and mobile specific animations
  • Easily extendable gameplay (each gamemode is a module, and I have control over certain events, such as joining the game late, getting tagged, etc,)
  • Ability to take cover behind objects
  • And the UI color transition whenever a new round begins and a new color is assigned to you

And some things I have yet to do include:

• Lobby UI
  • Currency (maybe two different kinds? One of which you can only get by winning rounds, and the other from playing the game?)
  • A shop, where you can buy cosmetics
  • More gamemodes
  • Map/gamemode voting
  • Sounds
  • And finally, more maps

The map and clothing are just placeholders. The shirt and pants are not created by me, and were just taken from the toolbox.

Finally, one last thing that I want to mention about this project is that I’m keeping the scope small. When I was a beginner, I used to have these massive projects in mind that never came to fruition. As time went on, the scope of my projects shrunk. These smaller projects were not only easier to complete, but were also higher in quality. Do something small and manageable, and you’ll have a better chance of succeeding.

These past few years I’ve been learning how to design and program scripts well. Now, I feel like it’s a good time to branch out and learn how to do other things. I hope to spend 2022 learning and getting better at building and 2D art/textures.

To everyone out there, I hope you’ll be successful in 2022! Looking forward to a better, less crazy year! Thanks for reading all of this, too.

88 Likes

I recently created my first actual game.

If you want you can play it here: sword game (currently closed because of bugs, im also working on a better version of this game)

Also happy late new years!

Edit: how did this get 35 likes
Update: I gave up on the “better version” of the game, possibly going to remake it.

68 Likes

Finished my medieval build few days ago.
I’m kind of proud of this!

I sadly forgot how much time this took, but definitely over 10 hours.

Twitter post: https://twitter.com/boredpersonx/status/1477575137440501761?s=20

286 Likes

I am working on my souls-like rpg! Here are some screenshots from my progress so far:
Check out my profile for the combat test!

378 Likes

My GFX skills have improved tremendously this year, along with so many commissions. I’m stunned by my progress, and I can’t wait to improve even more. I’m also looking forward to the commissions’ aspect, I’m just growing more and more :happy3:

I’m playing with more effects in my GFXs, and here’s a current commission:

Check out my portfolio here: [OPEN!] TheNesNes32 // GFX/LOGO Artist (Inexpensive!)
High hopes for this year! <3

Edit: It’s been a bit more than 9 months since this last post lol and I’ve improved so much with my lighting and logos:

92 Likes

Took a break from development, but the new year seems
a good place to start back up!
Recently got myself a quest 2 and I’ve begun development with VR code
So far I’ve got some working hands and slowly learning the basics.

58 Likes

A Summary of what my job was in 2021 / Let’s see what awaits me this year

https://twitter.com/murjarquitecto

489 Likes

Well, the most recent thing I’m still working on from last year is my fancy room showcase.

I am very excited to see what the folks over at Roblox and the users on the platform have to bring us this year!

176 Likes

I have been working on a small very low poly RPG in my free time. There’s still a lot to do and many things will be redone I’m hoping to make the game very low poly as I hope to make it mobile compatible. Below are just some of the assets I have done for the game.

Sort of houses/style the game will have not the most detailed looked but for what I have so far I think it looks alright and I may edit later in project depending.

Wish I had more done to show screenshots of but I’m hoping to complete it as a semi-solo game from what I have learned throughout 2021 and add features that a lot of current RPGs don’t have. :grinning:

59 Likes

This year I am focusing on merging my love for 2D face/clothing design with my love for 3D accessory creation so I can start creating avatar ideas that utilize all my skills!

This is an example of my first one of the year! Everything in the showcase, with the exception of the hair (credits to GENKROCO) were made by me. I am having a lot of fun meshing my different hobbies together, and I can not wait to see where I will be able to take this concept as the year progresses! <3

54 Likes

future lighting tech + pbr furniture + materialservice
we getting somewhere

99 Likes