What are you working on currently? (2022)

game thumbnail commission

8 Likes

combat

11 Likes

10/10, its great. The lighting aswell. :+1:

i don’t like when people make dark maps less detailed, i can even see how undetailed it’s in this dark ambient, why not to add more details? styles?, low poly, cartoony, you know

1 Like

38 Likes

A continuation of this post.
The tools I’m making are extremely scalable and store objects in binary string attributes instead of using parts. Only nearby chunks load to prevent lag during development.

I added material painting to the Shard Seekers terrain tools. I can press shift to set the color, hold alt to show the color without setting it, click and drag to paint, or hold alt while dragging to perform a flood fill. Flood fill saves a ton of time, and will iteratively paint triangles that share vertices; It will go as far as reading raw chunk data for unloaded chunks so that it can find distant unloaded-but-connected triangles if necessary. Distant triangles that load for this will unrequest (hide) as soon as the dragging ends. (I painted over an invisible wall at the end.)

Pressing X swaps between 2 presets for convenience. The textbox supports inputting partial material names like “cob” → “CobbleStone”; although “gra” would fail because it’s ambiguous because “Granite” and “Grass” are both possible results. It also supports a special “shaded” material that creates decoration client-side (like smooth terrain chunks underneath to achieve animated grass), but this decoration isn’t visible when editing in studio; Mainly because setting terrain in studio like that would be problematic. I might consider making it just show placeholder decoration for that though.

Example of non-grass automatic decoration:

The material names shown can be used used when importing .obj files. I intend for most editing to be done in studio, but it’s nice to be able to import a sculpt to start with. I should add a color wheel in the empty space there. I intend to hire map artists to use these tools to create Shard Seekers maps, so it needs to be fun and easy to use.

I also got some basic mesh editing tools finished.

Face creation. Select 1-4 edges, press Z, and it will automatically create a tri or quad. It will conveniently select an open edge afterwards so holes can be filled easily.

Extrude and merge. Pressing Alt+M will merge at the last selected vertex. Pressing X will create quads attached to the edges you have selected, and set your selection to the new edges. I added a warning for triangles that are too small to display to prevent accidentally leaving extruded edges behind.

I’m considering adding edge/vertex ripping (like in blender.) The behavior for which edge to rip along is pretty unintuitive though and it’s technically possible to create everything using the tools I have so far, although it requires deleting triangles to create a hole.

34 Likes

Please show me the way all powerful Murjar

4 Likes

Back to work on Reason 2 Die weapon recreation.

6 Likes

23 Likes

would look better if you created custom textures for this, instead of using roblox ones

1 Like

Images of almost every model I’ve ever created

25 Likes

again some tower defense game? or something cool?

1 Like

Hi,

Please check this video out.

If you ask me, yes it is a tower defense game, not a generic tower defense though.
It didn’t go very well, so I am currently completely remaking it. It won’t be coming soon.

Oh and I also created some prototypes for the new logo, would be appreciated if you take some time to pick the best one in your opinion.

0 voters

2 Likes

Recent militaristic-styled models for use in a game I work on (not really worked on anymore but I just make these for fun)

TACHI DROPSHIP
Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 17.11.26

GARRISON MPV
Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 17.10.31
Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 17.10.43

RIESENNER ARMORED CARRIER
Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 17.10.02
Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 17.10.13

11 Likes

[Commission] Glock-17 Easy to rig and animate

13 Likes

I am currently working on a piano and have been for about 2 days

13 Likes

classic style game (this era/part of the game is inspired by the American revolution.)
Characters:
Continental army and british:
soldiers
Militia/civillians

Brown Bess Musket:

6 Likes

Burger joint logo idea:

Atom Burger Logo

6 Likes

wip stuff

25 Likes

Thai Airways PTFS promotional design