What are you working on currently? (2022)

2048 style merge game

2 Likes

The return.

15 Likes

:)

7 Likes

OH YEA good job man :grin: Keep up the awesome work

1 Like

No way this is you, this is pure talent

1 Like

Never fails to amuse me! This is sick! :fire:

1 Like

KMSP Terminal 2
Been taking forever lol!

3 Likes

WOW! I haven’t seen an aviation creation in a long time. The terminal and ATC look AMAZING!!
I hope you can make It into a game! (if you already made a game please let me know)

1 Like

Of course! I took a little break for my mental health, I’m really hopeful for this creation, I’ll keep you updated too!

1 Like

Here’s a visualization of the Graham Scan Algorithm which I am using to tackle the Convex Hull problem.

Convex Hull problem is where you have a set of random points or vertices in your object space, and you want to find out the outer ‘shell’ of the object. It is one of the many steps used in rendering objects when you only have the vertices.

(This is slowed down for visualization purposes.)
convexhull

14 Likes

Coming back with a bang

12 Likes

Hi fellow developers! :grinning: I used to be called Mr Meat but I changed my name to Cobay because I thought it would be more appropriate! Any way, I haven’t posted in awhile because I’v been busy with school, Youtube (channel is Cobay) and practicing scripting skills. Here is a walking donut I made by fusing a polyjford walking robot tutorial and a blender guru donut modelling tutorial. 7 hours of modelling and 3 hours of animating!

Walking Donut

Sorry for the bad quality

I’v also been scripting a moving cannon and modelling a Pirate theme game. Here is some progress:

Moving Cannon

Pirate Models

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 11.20.04 am

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 10.47.27 am

8 Likes

Glass Material Scope

Yesterday I was messing around with the glass material and wondered if it could be used to make a system that can magnify images within the scope without needing to change the player’s FOV. After a bit of experimenting and trying different curves and models for the lens, I was able to create the resulting image on the left. Due to the many limitations surrounding glass and transparent / partially transparent parts, this method doesn’t appear to be very practical for use in most games. While I find the result to be pretty cool, some of the limitations and notable quirks include:

• Graphics setting must be ≥ 8 (Image on the right is what happens otherwise)
  • Glass distortion fx can’t be stacked (Only the closest visible glass surface will distort the image if they are placed behind each other)
  • Particles aren’t visible behind glass
  • Parts that have > 0 transparency will not be visible behind the glass
  • Certain post fx aren’t visible behind the glass (Can be useful in some situations, e.g. depth of field in the left image)
  • The smaller the lens, the more it magnifies, if you are far enough away and the lens is small enough relative to your distance, the image will flip upside down (Results in a maximum practical zoom limit)
  • The less transparency the scope has, the more it will zoom (Balance it with camera distance and lens size to get better results)
  • In general the higher the zoom, the blurrier the image

I know I’m not the first to create a system like this but I wanted to share my version of it to show its potential. Compared to other systems such as Dual Render scopes, I believe this system compensates (at least in part) for its lack of visual fidelity by saving on performance. Feel free to create your own version and improve upon this system. :sunglasses:

17 Likes

I am trying to build a machine system of sorts similar to the game satisfactory
i would make a game, but i cant script and dont know how to find any good scripters so, ima just keep building these. They are uncoloured mostly due to it probably not complete.

10 Likes

I’ve got not image to really capture what I’m working on, but I’m attempting to make a cool nextbot system.

Rarely have less than 3 projects going at once :sweat_smile:. At least I’m on Halloween holidays :jack_o_lantern: now and can get more work done. This is one of my projects, it’s an open world exploration/adventure game. Currently working on the massive map.

2 Likes

made this effect for my game

12 Likes

That is so cool! I like how it turns into spheres and slowly fades out.

Gives off an evaporating effect, I like it. :+1:

Titan blood from AOT?!

24 Likes