What are you working on currently? (2022)

:sad:

3 Likes

Today, I started building a small room and backyard, which is meant to be my experience’s main menu background!

The idea in my head is that the player’s character would sit down at a desk in front of the window at sunset (technically sunrise because I can’t get the sun to line up with the window at that time).

A piece of paper would be placed on the desk, which would have the menu options to either dress up or warp to a location, which would probably look like your character cutely wrote and drew it.

Selecting to warp somewhere would make your character stand up, look at the wall between the window and door, then wait for the player to click on a place to go, walking out the door afterwards.

Well, this all looks nice, but what does it look like from the outs–

Oh… I see. It looks…interesting from the outside, doesn’t it? I positioned terrain under the “ground” so the blades of grass aren’t as tall, and the strean if water is just clipping through the fake grass.

10 Likes

Why do you build all these cool places, display them on your profile, but not let anyone play them?

Haha it meant like an actualy recorded buisness company :slight_smile:

I have recently been working on a game called “Stack the Blocks!”.

It’s simple minigame, where you have to get higher than everyone else!

17 Likes

You should always save after doing something amazing like this :wink:

1 Like

Some progress.

12 Likes

I’ve never used the new terrain before (When I think of terrain I still think of that pseudo-Minecraft stuff), so I decided to check it out. Gonna be honest, I really like it!

4 Likes

Same for me; I’ve only been using parts before last night (my previous post). Other than how strange water looks when touching land (which they’re apparently going to fix sometime), the smooth terrain is pretty! I do wish they let developers use both kinds of terrain instead of replacing the older blocky kind…

Speaking of that post and smooth terrain, this is my first attempt to sculpt the terrain and add hill-mountains and a river. This is only meant to be viewed out of the window and door, so that’s why it all cuts off like this.

Isn’t it weird how “normal” it all looks from inside compared to outside?

6 Likes

i tend to like not do that xd
because of the new studio update that makes all new games team create (like after you click the create game button) and team create automatically saves games without having to click publish, i always forget to click publish and when i lose it i just think “blimey.”

1 Like

I am working on multiple commissions some low poly and some high poly. I have attached some pictures.

5 Likes

Right now, I’m trying to figure out how to create an arcade-style 'How to play" demo for a game with rebindable controls.

Here’s an example of what I’m trying to do:

1 Like

a fashion runway for a clothing brand

20 Likes

It’s nothing major, but I’ve increased the number of supported recolorable parts to 8 in my color picker, plus trails and particles can be recolored. Both of these changes were made for the wand, which has five parts that can be customized.
I really feel like I should say this because my experience can change the color of more than four parts now, so… “Beat this, Royale High!”

5 Likes

Whoops forgot to post this but I’m basically done I just need to add the mirrors now

Triangles: 2,622
Faces: 1,257
Verts: 1,726

15 Likes

Wow! This is really cool. I’ll suggest making the top of the UI less stretched out and in line with the other larger box

Hello everyone. I’ve been doing a unique for roblox “Obby Simulator” for 8 months now. Recently there was a release: 150 stages, 3 locations, pets, trails. I collected the best things from both genres, and it turned out “this". I have fully experienced what it is like to work alone, so I would like to get an assessment and criticism, and it is also possible to find those who see the potential in this game and want to participate in its further development.

Preview:

Map:

Example of a UI:

Despite the fact that this is just an obby, I put an incredible amount of strength and love into it so that the world could see this game. It remains to find more funds for advertising and hope for the best.

If you are interested, you can also see everything by yourself - [🌟NEW🌟] Obby Simulator - Roblox

5 Likes

A working aircraft directional gyro instrument:

This was way simpler than I thought it would be.

7 Likes

Earlier this month I have completely remade my second-most popular place, Abandoned Factory, here I will include three scenes, using shaders of course (with same images without shaders for comparison).

Warning!: This is place is somewhat heavy on performance, be mindful of your device’s capabilities if you want to check it out!

One

Two

Three

7 Likes

That might be a good idea; I was going for a window title bar look (with a bit of overhang on the sides) but recently, I’ve thought about making it the same width as the rest of the window like you’ve suggested, so I may have to try this out.

Thank you, though; I’ve only posted about the color picker itself in the UI design topic, but I guess that doesn’t matter much since this is its latest version.