What are you working on currently? (2022)

Created a “NoTeleportService” branch in my game’s GitHub repo.

I’m also re-evaluating a lot of the decisions I made early in the development process.

2 Likes

I am working on my first game which is going to be a scavenger hunt game where you go through levels collecting items that you can wear and buy stuff with in game currency!

3 Likes

I kinda want to make a model for that

1 Like

Off to a new year with a new project.

22 Likes

Happy New Year everyone!

Last year, my goal was to earn 50k robux within 8 months and regardless of how long it took for me to earn, I did earn in the end. My goal was successful though it took long for me to earn.

This year, my goal is to utilize those earned robux. I’m planning to release a game. Not 1 game, but 2 game this year. I’ve already started working on my first one and hopefully it will be released by the end of this month.

I hope whatever, you all are working on , it’ll be good and bring you fortune!

Happy New Year everyone! 2022, let’s make it great!

10 Likes

In last year I decided to switch on from building in Studio to 3D modeling, and in this year I will be trying to polish my experience with blender.

Here’s some of my previous models:

33 Likes

Happy new year everyone!
I’m working on my game called RoCreate. I’m also hoping to expand my YouTube channel more this year!

2 Likes

Mobs for Sonar Studio’s new upcoming game, Winds of Fortune. For example:

32 Likes

Thanks! When the revamp releases I’ll make sure you’re the first to know!

2 Likes

I associate this image with a very catchy song.

35 Likes

Not very roblox related but i finished blender gurus new tutorial

added the chocolate myself

37 Likes

Happy New Year Everyone! I’ve Been Working On A Horror Game, Based On Speluncaphobia. Here are

Some Pictures Of It!

21 Likes

Working on a new innovative idea, focused on giving smaller clothing groups the opportunity to share their work. Building and UI created by me!

Should be releasing in a month or so, we will see how well it does!

20 Likes

60 Likes

I sculpted this terrain, i’m also working on a couple of games which will have terrains, it’s not finished though.

Terrains

If you wanna check it out for yourselves, here is the game link. floating island. - Roblox

10 Likes

I am actually working on an open world rpg whenever I have the time. It has been really stressful, but very fun at the same time! I did start this last year, but never really had the time to work on it much. I am hoping this year I can get a lot more done and improve some of my scripts.

As of now I am using roblox provided sounds and music, but a friend and I have been working on some pieces for the game. The example I am providing was made by my friend Foshizled (he gave me permission to upload it on my channel).

Another thing that has been challenging during this project has been the datastore. I was able to figure out how to create a system where players can create new slots for storing data which I plan to use in this game.

7 Likes

Working on a script that I will release that will empower developers to shutdown a server if it encounters an error. This will stop player from playing games that have been broken. I also then want to link it to http service so the data can be viewed on a website.

8 Likes

idk sounds life far cry 6 to me

Chess puzzles!
You can play them here.

16 Likes

2021 was a fairly productive year! I’ve learned to create a framework for my game (still contemplating what to call it) and it’s going quite well! Although there are plenty of bugs and features to add, this is the progress I’ve made so far.

Collection System:

This system can also be known as the tool system, in which the player uses keybinds or clicks on the HUD to use specific abilities: Passive, Use, Ability1, Ability2, Ability3, Ability4 (this was inspired by MOBA games, such as League of Legends)

• The Passive ability is an ability that runs as long as the tool is equipped.
  • The Use ability is the basic collection ability. You click on the screen and it collects stuff for you.
  • The Abilities are other things that specific tool can do (in the video below, Ability1, named “Loosen”, will loosen the ground and cause the subsequent collection from the Use ability to give bonus loot)

There are 3 different types of criticals: UserCritical (yellow outer box), ToolCritical (white inner box), and TileCricial (red text).

All effects from tools are either replicated to all clients or to specific users. All visuals are done client side.

Token System

This system handles all token creation and collection. Tokens are created OOP style (so each token is its own object) and thus have their Init function which is what the main token module will call when this specific token is created. Tokens also have different methods that is called automatically or manually (whether it’s when the token decomposes automatically, such as when the Bamboo token decomposes to a Biomass token), or the user made a manual special interaction with the token (such as when the user clicks on the token instead of running over it).

Token creation is done on the server side, animations on the client.

Quests / Dialogue System

This system is self explanatory. Quests are what different NPCs (I called NPCs “interactions” in the game) give to the player and completing them gives them rewards. There are 3 phases of dialogue when talking to an interaction:

1. Prompt: This stage is where the npc gives the player the quest
  2. Idle: This stage is where the player talks to the interaction but hasn’t finished the quest
  3. Completed: This stage is where the player talks to the interaction when their quest has been finished

Dialogue is handled by an interpreter (so the dialogue itself is a table of different values and words, but the interpreter puts the things on the screen (options, replies, dialogue, etc.)).

The quests are “completed” by hooking up an event to the corresponding task name. For example, in the first quest, “Welcome to Natural”, there is one task:

Tasks = {
	{Name = "Collect 10 Biomass", Type = "CollectResources", Quantity = 10, Resource = "Biomass"},
},

The quest handler will then get the corresponding module from the Type value and attach that module to this task. As you can see, this quest uses “CollectResources” as a task type and you’d have to collect 10 (Quantity = 10) Biomass (Resource = "Biomass").

The rewards conain the same system. Get the type of reward, then reward:

Rewards = {
	{Type = "Reward", Resource = "Biomass", Quantity = 10},
},

Gives you 10 (Quantity = 10) Biomass (Resource = "Biomass").

Shop System

This system basically just displays the items in the shop you looked at (fancy with the animations! It took quite a while). You’re able to view the description and different abilities of the tool if the current item is a tool.

Generation System

This system generates different objects on Tiles, which are the square things that are collected with the Collection System. This system gives stats to each tile (which varies with type (Grass, Sand, Water) and region (Swamp, Plains).

The objects have their own requirements, such as the amount of space it needs to grow, and where it can grow. Each object is created with OOP and has an Init method that handles what it does, and other methods that add custom functionality to it (basically the same as the Token system. The Bamboo in the video has 3 functionalities: Growing and Breaking into Bamboo tokens by chance when it reaches a certain height.

Only the bamboo and lily pads are made by me. The other ones are free models

Some backstory

This was basically the very first game I wanted to make when I started developing. I loved playing Bee Swarm Simulator, so the game was going to be based on that (this is why this game has many similarities to it). I’ve quit countless times and moved on to other projects that also failed (sad). This switcharoo between this game and other projects went on for around 2 years (or more) until I’ve finally came back to my original idea of making this game.

I also transposed music for the intro theme song for Arcane (by Riot Games), which is by far the best show I’ve ever watched. It has a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes currently for a reason. If you were to watch one thing, watch Arcane.
Transposed:

Sheet Music

Enemy.pdf (74.5 KB)

Original Video

Imagine Dragons & JID - Enemy (from the series Arcane: League of Legends) | Official Music Video - YouTube

40 Likes