What are you working on currently? (2023)

15 Likes

Some people have too much time on their hands :smiling_face_with_tear:. Nice builds otherwise, I’m too impatient to build on that scale.

1 Like

11 Likes

Finished my melee combat game.
Would like to show more in the trailer, but Roblox thumbnails allow only 30 second videos.

Game Link - Red Ages - Roblox

4 Likes

Model of the Day 30B
Glass railing, this time with different holders

Portfolio: https://kristinaportfolio.carrd.co/

4 Likes

Development for the new oil update.

I’ve been working on a game called Fish and Oil

Basically, the game is about fishing and fighting over resources as companies, kind of hard to explain, think Aegis Reborn, Lumber Tycoon 2, Solar Conquest 2, and Refinery Caves combined. I’ve had really good feedback from players and I hope to bring a fun experience for you all.

If you think this sounds interesting, check out the game! A tutorial will be added soon due to mass requests.

Thanks, :happy3:

(if the image isn’t directly loading, click on it.)

6 Likes

Some assets I made :coffee:

17 Likes

Progress on my 2D roblox rpg. I’ve managed to get the game very performant with parallel lua (maybe even faster with new SharedTables API) and other optimizations, and it isn’t very heavy on the network. Here it is with a lot of enemies which are all server controlled/simulated.

25 Likes

Today, I was looking at scripts in my game, and I decided to update “raycast debug visualization”; I use my own function when performing raycasts, which tries to fire multiple rays from one location, ending the loop early when any of them hit something. It’s hard to know where these rays are going, so I added a way to see that.

Previously, this used beams, creating attachments at each ray’s origin and direction, but this didn’t feel like the right way to do this. Now that I’ve learned about WireframeHandleAdornments, I replaced that with a new function in a new ModuleScript, “DebugFunctions”.

When anything calls its “QueueLine” function (including the raycast function), the debugging module creates a dictionary entry and adds it to its array, keeping track of how long that the line(s) will continue to be drawn before being removed, their color, and where they start/end. (It had to be done this way because the “wireframe adornment” doesn’t have a method that lets me remove individual lines, so I have to clear all of them then re-draw any that are still “active”.)

I’m…sort of proud of this, since I could expand it to display shapes using the other “adornment” debug instances. Here’s how it looks:

Why are there so many lines here? Well…I don’t like how all wireframe lines are literally a pixel wide, so I’m creating way more of them around the actual ray/line to fake “thickness”. It doesn’t look good yet, and will probably need trigonometry to round out the ends…and I have no clue how to use trig functions with Vector3 values properly.

Well, with just two layers of closely-spaced lines, I think it looks okay, I guess.

1 Like

Model of the Day 31A
Homestore (complete)

Portfolio: https://kristinaportfolio.carrd.co/

4 Likes

TOKYO (somewhat)

10 Likes

I have mainly been working on some models for fun to be honest, haven’t had any new jobs recently :sob:

4 Likes

(As you can tell they are pretty bad, but I think I am getting better every day)

Started working on a new SCP roleplay experience, codenamed as Project: Erebos. I’m looking for feedback on the poster which can be found below:

2 Likes

physically modeled a poseable roblox figurine

ill print it tomorrow and see how it turns out. if it goes well, ill refine the design and maybe even paint it to make it look like people’s avatars. who knows?

14 Likes

Working on Halo 3 ODST lobby for my ONI Alpha Site place

10 Likes

Dude, I’ve made one before but the joints were kinda ehh, please send me the files if you’re done! (If you want to ofc)

1 Like

The joins I made are temporary for a proof of concept custom roblox minifig. If everything goes right, I’ll improve the design of the joints and work on other body types.

2 Likes

A rasterizer

Also,

13 Likes

I created a VHS video that features a weather forecast channel from the early 2000s. The entire concept was created entirely using Photoshop, including After Effects.

16 Likes