What are you working on currently? (2023)

Thanks! Not done yet but all of this took about a week to make.

Made a basic greedy meshing tool. It turns multiple like-parts into one larger part to save on performance. I made this tool for a new game I’m making that requires maps to be on a 1x1x1 grid. Easier to test that game on cool preexisting maps over trying to make new ones.

4 Likes

Model of the Day 101
Table and couches

Portfolio: Kristina's Portfolio

9 Likes

7 Likes

17 Likes

Think i’ve just about finished my SevenSegment module. Looks really good for digital alarm clock faces!

14 Likes

Where I actually working on a game called the parallel universes

And I can share some projects I made past year for a game called Pijnacker v1

Png (4)

Png (5)

Png (6)

Png (7)

Working on modeling accessories. Still trying to figure out textures.

(Feedback is appreciated)

Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 10.31.15 AM

5 Likes

recently i had my first attempt at properly building a car, used 1977 toyota cressida as reference. i’m really happy with the result :smile:

7 Likes

Model of the Day 102
Shop settings and start UI

Portfolio: Kristina's Portfolio

5 Likes

Trying again to make a voxel building and survival game in Roblox again!

I just started working on terrain generation and designing the overall code. I did a few small experiments and I think they turned out interesting for a first try:

This time I’m using 3D noise instead of 2D noise to get more complex terrain instead of just the regular wavy terrain that is possible with 2D noise.

21 Likes

got bored last night and made a vehicle system, i suck at driving in it, but it works pretty well

also made a game that was inspired by cicada 3301, here’s the first image, but its not done yet.

12 Likes

For some reason this is giving me Survival 303 vibes.

Luckily, those are very good vibes.

2 Likes

I started experimenting with algorithms to generate the biomes of the terrain. I would hopefully like to avoid something performance intensive because I don’t think Roblox’s servers could take it without serious optimization.

Luckily, simple perlin noise using two sets of Fractal Brownian Motion noise* representing temperature and rainfall to determine biomes worked great!

* The equation ends up as this: math.noise(x, TEMP_CONSTANTS[1], z) + math.noise(x * 2, TEMP_CONSTANTS[2], z * 2) / 2 + math.noise(x * 4, TEMP_CONSTANTS[2], z * 4) / 4 (aka small noise + 2x larger noise / 2 + 4x larger noise / 4)

9 Likes

So, Project Magical Mary has a restaurant with chairs and custom drinks (well, if that still worked at all), but it’s missing something that most restaurants have, lines that you have to stand in while you wait for your turn to place your order.

Though they aren’t actually “finished” yet, characters can enter the queue and be teleported around by a server script, which only lets a character advance to the next “spot” in line once it’s open. Here’s a video, though it isn’t as long as I wanted it to be.

It’s not the best, but isn’t it at least decent? All characters (players and NPCs, as per my experience’s goal of unifying all characters) should be able to at least stand in line now, though they can’t place orders until the register (which is technically part of the queue “tag class” internally) is implemented and somehow communicates with the player or NPC waiting in line.

I don’t know how I’m going to do this, but if I can do it, the Mary’s restaurant (and others) will have waiting lines near their front counters.

3 Likes

You can now become Teddy in our horror game :scream:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1085675410966204518/1140072643064758282/20230812-2357-19.7646625.mp4

I work on a Game with realistic Trams.

5 Likes

Continuing work after a few months of inactivity on the iPhone 14 Pro.
It isn’t much work than the last time on my previous DevForum account.
But hey, it’s something, right?

I still think this is one of my greatest projects i’ve started so far.
Looking to finish this fully like the actual phone, and I mean everything. But that will take a lot of time.

21 Likes

That’s a game I haven’t heard of in a long time…

In relation to the thread a friend and I tried to make a “newer” version (back in 2016) which I might be working on again soon

There’s just something about that good old classic blocky look, no?

10 Likes

Moved gameplay related polls to the surface guis

votingbuilt

4 Likes