What are you working on currently? (2023)

Nice Going! This Has A Lot Of Potential Keep Up The Good Work!

3 Likes

This week I’ve been working on a new update for my plugin qTools (link to the devforum page with more information and video showcases).

This update (1.1.0) will be released tomorrow at 17:00 (EDT / UTC-4).

What novelties will update [1.1.0] bring?

> 3 New commands to make Badge integration faster
qTools [1.1.0] brings 3 new commands for easy and fast Badge integration for games:

• badge:q : Generates a function to get the information of a badge by the given Id
  • badgeaw:q : Generates a function to award a badge to a player by their respective Ids
  • badgeplr:q : Generates a function to get if the given player owns a badge passed by Id

Video showcase:

> Multi-selection references
At the current version of qTools (1.0.0), you are only allowed to make references to a single instance at a time. While generating automatic references to instances is already quite fast on its own, it can be equally tedious if you need to reference multiple instances at the same time.

In qTools [1.1.0], you can now select multiple instances and reference all of them at the same time!

Video showcase:

> New widget to show what’s new on qTools
Now, when you update qTools, a ‘News’ tab will show up with the most recent changes:

2 Likes

Think it’s time I titled my untitled West Coast Cyberpunk Project.

Welcome to Neo Pacifica.

15 Likes

I’m currently working on a map editor for my FPS game!

As of now, I have all of the essentials done, such as moving, scaling and rotating parts, saving, sharing and loading maps using a simple string, etc.
I’ve yet to implement playing the map in-game, saving maps to datastores, and a fully functional map browser where you will be able to look for maps, and featured maps!

I had this idea in my mind for over a year now, but only now I started FULLY working on it. I had some private testing places to see whether I could accomplish this, but I wasn’t as advanced back then as now.
I made my own encoding system, where I concert every instance on the map into a very efficient and short string. I won’t have to worry about anything relating to json and the problems that come with it, but I’ll have to watch out to any unsupported letters (e.g. non-printable characters)

I really hope I will be able to accomplish this, but only time will tell. And it’s already to late to stop now!

5 Likes

Looks very nice! I like the plaid background

1 Like

I’ve been spending the past week working on a new DrawTexturedTriangle function with UV coordinates for CanvasDraw, intended for 3D rendering!

This can allow for distorted and skewed images too

Also some basic transparency support too!

26 Likes

aggressive pathfinding + optimized replication = an actual hundred zombie horde

9 Likes

More work on the old station.

7 Likes

Just finished the kitchen and freezer for my restaurant.

19 Likes

Roblox inside Roblox.

3 Likes

yep that would be much better. i always find places that use only roblox terrian to be ugly. im okay with some games using it in smaller ways but if it’s the main thing you see then nah

Television stand I made for my friend.

5 Likes

NUH UH. PLEASE. STOP. THERES NO WAY THIS IS ROBLOX. WTH???

How is this… h… I cant even explain how good this is for roblox standards

as everyone knows, roblox servers have a limit which really annoy developers when they are trying to make semi-realistic games. however, somehow, this just breaks the line of that Im not sure if this is actually just real life, and you slapped roblox ui on it.

1 Like

A map thing for a game I’ve been working on on and off for about a month or two
(sorry about it being silent, had to compress it so I could upload it)

11 Likes

Thank you for the compliments. If you’re talking about the upload size limit, the game right now is about 4-5mb in size with the map shown in that video, no limits hit yet. All the models are from toolbox and aren’t optimized in the slightest which means it could probably go down a lot more if I did so, maybe 1-2mb.

I’m also aiming for this to be a photorealistic FPS game, so you know I’m going to go all out to make it look the best it can. You can also check out my channel if you’d like to see more videos on ROcord, I post devlogs for it sometimes.

1 Like

How. Actually how. 4 MB??? What??? Im impressed by your ability to make realistic games even with a low MB size

2 Likes

Working on a Laser Tanks game (Anyone familiar with that?).

5 Likes

I’m working on an isometric voxel building game! More info in the Tweet below! Discord server: Block City Building

For the past year, I’ve been working on and off on an isometric building game on Roblox! You can play with friends, customize your character, and more. The game will be releasing very soon! Discord server linked in the replies!#RobloxDev #Roblox #indiedev pic.twitter.com/Ycso06WI8n

— SevenPolygons (@SevenPolygons) August 26, 2023
23 Likes

Hi @Mind_Bind
This screenshot looks really nice. I was wondering how you do the move/scale/rotate. Is there a module to do this kind of manipulation or a tutorial to build it? Did you build that yourself?

1 Like

Low poly desert house and asset pack. That’s about it.

11 Likes