What are you working on currently? (2023)

We’re working on an MMORPG, based around the Viking Ages, set in England, so yes, it does have something to do with combat.

4 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/520112989416718346/1076253536922382356/Desktop_2023.02.17_-_23.22.22.02.mp4 enough devving for today lol

I’m editing a script that can play vr mod without virtual reality glasses and it seems like I’ve reached my goal.

The controls are a little tricky but looks good.

Edit :

[I finished the game, there are some bugs, I will fix them later, if you want to take a look, you can go VR-MODE FOR PC - Roblox ]

8 Likes

8 Likes

Working on a line runner game (based on the line runner template) and making a horror game

Horror game:

The design of the monster is probably my most unique design i’ve ever come up with
Although right now the AI is literally just the Drooling zombie AI as im awful at ai programming and the layout of the lab is still being made

2 Likes

Dynamic Rain Color Edits

I’ve continued work on the day/night cycle script. The most recent change adds a function that modifies colors and numerical values passed to it if a boolean given to it is also true, which is planned to be used to make the environment look dreary when it’s raining. This brings the fog closer, mixes its color with grey, increases the cloud cover while darkening the clouds, and tints the screen slightly more blue than it would be (which uses the extra color correction).

Since the function merely edits values passed to it, this will be compatible with any time of day, and any “ColorSet” (different sets of colors and values, picked at random at the start of each day) that may be made in the future.

:sun_with_face:Daytime

:city_sunset:Sunset

Freezing Time and WYSIWYG Lighting Value Changes

Yesterday, I edited the day/night cycle script to support a new Player attribute, “ToD_TargetTime”. When it’s set to anything between 0 and 23.999, it immediately becomes that time for that specific client. This can be combined with the other change shown above to preview how a storm would look at any given time.

Additionally, the many “ColorSet” properties are applied every quarter-second while this is set. It sounds pretty unoptimized, but this is because of the main reason why I added this time-stopping feature…

Yes. Due to it constantly refreshing the properties, I can easily make alterations and preview them in-game instead of blindly guessing then waiting for the experience to load. This is important since…well, just look at how many attributes are listed in that sidebar; All of those form the lighting at any given time, so being able to edit all of them and see instant changes will speed up the creation of later ColorSets1.
1: Yes, I’m using a GTA term here, I’m pretty sure.

2 Likes

Added more detail

16 Likes

Just editing some adjustments around in 42nd Street (NYC) :+1:t5:

18 Likes

I am working on making a dropper game. If you don’t know what a dropper is (not the droppers in tycoons), a dropper is a game where you fall down a tube from a high height and dodge objects. I also decided to try and see about doing commissions but a lot of the things some people ask for is a lot more complicated compared to what I can do.
I have made this stuff though:

What do you think of some of the stuff that I made? If you have any tips on how to do commissions, what I might want to do, etc. please let me know. I am trying to find something that isn’t super complicated, something that isn’t too far out of reach. (The last image is a 2D game I’m working on. It’s complicated and is very time consuming but it’s so much better than anything else I have made. It has cutscenes, a simple puzzle, adventure, and more. It’s a lot more complicated than anything else I have worked on but it’s so much better too. There is color correction when playing the game. [Yes it is inspired off of the game “A Lucid Dream” which I didn’t play but did see a video on it])

11 Likes

Looking to really expand my skills this year. First attempt at sculpting so far!

14 Likes

Wow! You are a really good builder! Also I got an idea of what dropper you could do, droppers are something really common in Minecraft, so you could try building something off of it? If you know what I mean, and also the 2D game looks a lot like Limbo the game, not sure if you ever heard of it

1 Like

I have not heard of it. I also already made the first dropper.

1 Like

Minecraft is a sandbox game which sold 600 million copies in total for Xbox, it’s not rare to find a dropper map in it, try googling “Minecraft dropper” and you’ll get what I mean
Also it’s not too hard to create as everything is made out of blocks

Currently benchmarking my custom replication system.

Seems good so far, but I wonder if I can optimize it further…

6 Likes

Made a little showcase because I was bored.
My PC had a lot of apps running so sorry if the recording is laggy.

It is called “Broken Facility” if you want to check it out for yourself, you can go here -
Broken Facility [Showcase] - Roblox

2 Likes

I know what Minecraft is. I have already seen videos of droppers in Minecraft, that’s where I got the whole idea in the first place! Also just because droppers may be popular in Minecraft doesn’t mean that a dropper in Roblox is going to get 1 player a year. There are literal copies of Minecraft on Roblox so even if Minecraft was free I don’t think I would have to worry about my game being boring or just a duplicate of a dropper in Minecraft. (Edit: If my tone sounded angry or something when reading this I’m not. I sort of find it funny because of all the copies of Minecraft on Roblox. Just wanted to clarify that if my tone seemed upset I’m not upset.)

cave area blockout + more progress

17 Likes

Reminds me of the diagon alley from harry potter movies. Is it inspired by that?

1 Like

my brain’s neurons have been [[ACTIVATED]]

4 Likes

fun button

11 Likes