What are you working on currently? (2023)

I have not heard of it. I also already made the first dropper.

1 Like

Minecraft is a sandbox game which sold 600 million copies in total for Xbox, it’s not rare to find a dropper map in it, try googling “Minecraft dropper” and you’ll get what I mean
Also it’s not too hard to create as everything is made out of blocks

Currently benchmarking my custom replication system.

Seems good so far, but I wonder if I can optimize it further…

6 Likes

Made a little showcase because I was bored.
My PC had a lot of apps running so sorry if the recording is laggy.

It is called “Broken Facility” if you want to check it out for yourself, you can go here -
Broken Facility [Showcase] - Roblox

2 Likes

I know what Minecraft is. I have already seen videos of droppers in Minecraft, that’s where I got the whole idea in the first place! Also just because droppers may be popular in Minecraft doesn’t mean that a dropper in Roblox is going to get 1 player a year. There are literal copies of Minecraft on Roblox so even if Minecraft was free I don’t think I would have to worry about my game being boring or just a duplicate of a dropper in Minecraft. (Edit: If my tone sounded angry or something when reading this I’m not. I sort of find it funny because of all the copies of Minecraft on Roblox. Just wanted to clarify that if my tone seemed upset I’m not upset.)

cave area blockout + more progress

17 Likes

Reminds me of the diagon alley from harry potter movies. Is it inspired by that?

1 Like

my brain’s neurons have been [[ACTIVATED]]

4 Likes

fun button

11 Likes

wip cave + global illumination

global illumination comparisons

GI OFF:

GI ON:

12 Likes

Yeah, I took the shop Ollivander’s from the Hogwarts Legacy game and did my best to recreate it.

1 Like

I can only do so much with scripts!

1 Like

Still working on Guardians: Into the Fray - Roblox. This year I’ve:

• changed the lobby so that you can create new servers, or join existing ones
  • character selection has moved to the map place
  • added new music and sounds
  • opened the experience to touch devices and Xbox
  • added new menu controls for gamepads
  • added further guardians
  • added additional terrain critters for immersive experience (butterflies with random movement, and centipedes that crawl around the terrain)
  • further optimised code to reduce server-client communication
  • improved mana wells with animated water effects
  • improved spawning fountains

The rest of this year is going to be spent developing new guardians, fixing bugs and further optimising code.

15 Likes

I have been working on a game called MovieWorld Roblox

This game is aimed at theme park enthusiasts, such as our team, that would love to be able to experience rides, but could possibly be unable to, or would like to enjoy them as their home! :tada:

9 Likes

I’m working on a game dev tycoon

5 Likes

I’m working on a ciws cabinet

5 Likes

I’m currently working on a garage door taht it’s working for now, all scripted by me
Also we reached 300 replies

Working on a game where you have to color in bricks in classic maps, such as Happy Home, Crossroads, Chaos Canyon, and more. It’s supposed to be like a 3D coloring book.

I was gonna put a video of it here, but oooh the file size is apparently “too large”! I’ll put a few pictures here instead:

26 Likes

Thoughts on my first ever gun model? Don’t ask me what kind because I have no clue. This is about a month in blender! Any feedback appreciated.

8 Likes

That looks like a half-melted gun, if I’m not wrong it is some kind of Vektor gun, not sure if it’s called that, looks really good!

1 Like