What are you working on currently? (2023)

That’s pretty cool actually! I do suggest speeding up the intro though, as it’s very long. Keep up the great work my dude! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suggest you make the intro skippable, also for going to the market simply teleport the players, there’s no need to take him to another server, and maybe add things to the market?

1 Like

The Market is a different server as it’s multiplayer, while the farm is singleplayer for ease of development. I will make the intro skippable as it actually annoys me. :grimacing: The footage you saw in the video is old(er) as it’s from the pre-alpha stage.

Oh, okay, makes sense now, also, probably you are gonna add more, right? Like you can build different crops, or maybe grow apples, have cows etc.?

1 Like

I’m planning to do that. I really want fruit trees, and normal trees is something I’m considering- maybe you need to collect wood to build a barn. Gives the player lots of extra things to do. Maybe sometime in the late game I will add a farm design system for you to move things around, but honestly I’m getting ahead of myself with plans and that is how all my other projects fail. :upside_down_face:

Working on a horror game where the car follows you and takes you out similar to beware.

The code is a sin but ig it works. (Car needs to be refined but it is still fun to get taken out!)

OH and I opensourced the rearview mirror.
How to make 3D mirrors using a ViewportFrame - Resources / Community Resources - DevForum | Roblox
()

7 Likes

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 5.33.59 PM

42 Likes

Well, seems like old John left the stove open…

Amazing! How did you do taht?!

3 Likes

VR and flatscreen support for ares vr
Recording sounds with my own gun

17 Likes

Lol thx my dude! Believe it or not, most of these models can be found in the Toolbox. While I am a proficient modeler, when it comes to creating high-poly models I am not very skilled. To work around this, what I do is take models that I like from the toolbox and customize them like crazy. While this may sound like I have no skill lol, I do still take full credit because I put I lot of time, thought, effort, and detail into my work (e.g. this short section of trench took abt 30 hrs to create).

3 Likes

That’s actually impressing, just remember to check for any scripts

1 Like

Thanks man! Yea I always check for scripts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You model of a car looks amazing! I love how clean many of the edges are.
Did you make this in studio?

1 Like

I can see that there’s a cylinder as the main body, and it seems like everything is made with BaseParts, so it’s probably made in Studio

I made some cool waves :ocean:

18 Likes

I have made quite a few modifications to the game and it now looks like this:

5 Likes

Wow! Looks amazing! I love how you changed the giant grass to trees, just a thing tho, when you get the crop, I’m the toolbar it say:
FullyGrownTomatoSeeds
But shouldn’t it’s say
Tomato
?

1 Like

The way the harvesting script works is that it uses the currentSeedsPlanted value and puts FullyGrown in front of it, I will add icons to the tools, I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. :laughing:

Okay, it’s just that it seemed very very strange, it’s easier if you just remove the seeds and keep there the fruit/vegetable name?

1 Like

Just finished up making a YT video. As I try to go into as much detail as possible.

6 Likes