What are you working on currently? (2023)

Some Python syntax highlighting.

For more information:

I’ll probably turn this into a game or something, does someone have any ideas?

9 Likes

the replacement game thumbnail which i also cannot use because it appears to be hate speech.

2 Likes

mineshaft map im working on for a game

17 Likes

4 Likes

Easily going to be my most ambitious project I’ve ever made.
I wonder what it could be… :thinking:

5 Likes

In the last WAYWOC, I made a post that showed off my efforts of messing around with sprite sheets. A few days shy of a whole year later, and I am finally ready to make a proper game with it.

It’s an astronaut game called “Negative Space”, which will have you explore the dark side of the moon and meet extremely weird and wacky aliens, all while trying to find a way to get back to Earth. The project is in very early stages right now, but things have been coming together very well so far.

19 Likes

Looks really nice so far, would love to see more once it’s finished

is that Toby Fox i see…? :thinking: but other than that, the gui looks really fresh & pretty unique

1 Like

i’m honestly really interested in seeing where this goes. I’ve always seen the roleplay games that have gameplay features similar to the sims, but nothing as clone to the game/gameplay of the sims this much before

2 Likes

Sounds great! I would surely play it!
(May I ask how you figured out the 2D movement system?)

Right now it’s just using Roblox’s default Humanoid movement. I might instead handle movement with an AlignPosition though, as the Humanoid doesn’t handle the way that I want it to.

If you’re talking about sprite movement though, it’s not that complicated. You can actually use sprite sheets on Roblox by using an ImageLabel and changing its ImageRectOffset and ImageRectSize properties. There are some modules and plugins that automate the process, but I personally like doing everything manually.

2 Likes

Mmmh… easier than I thought :sweat_smile:

I might actually try doing something like this (maybe)

I’m also very excited for the Game and I’ll wait for it to come out!

a building with very small windows… using basic roblox materials because I suck at making custom textures or materials :cry:

5 Likes

Oh my god.

9 Likes

A battle transition

External Media

alternate link i can’t embed streamable

EDIT: Actually can someone tell me why i couldn’t embed streamble? it seem to work fine on other platform

6 Likes

Made some simple UI for my project. (straight out of Fallen Order!)

Going to update some of it, don’t want that DMCA… :eyes:
But for now, I have this!

(I am aware the imageLabel in the bottom left is blurry, I am working on it)

2 Likes

A 2d golf game

3 Likes

Released an update for my game!

9 Likes

Working on an NPC dialogue system.

2 Likes

The v. 0.6.0 update for my 2D game engine called Rethink is pretty much complete. Now I resumed working on its editor and I have to say it’s going pretty well.

Editor

There are still a lot of things to do such as:

• importing/exporting
  • camera controlls
  • more property handlers
  • etc…

Currently implemented things are:

• object manipulation (move and resize)
  • snap to grid
  • property handlers (stringField, numberField, colorField, Checkbox)
  • console (separate of the miscellaneous informations from Roblox Studio)

How it looks currently:

Rethink

• Removed the middleman from scene files.
    then: category → group → object
    now: category → object)
  • Replaced Dat.gui to Iris to test Rethink
    – This allowed me to create an explorer that gives more information about loaded objects
  • Some cleanup
  • GitHub workflow fixes & running stylua on codebase and removing unused variables
  • Remastered the logo

Old:

old logo

New:

9 Likes