What are you working on currently? (2023)

Thank you! And yes, this a feature we really need in roblox. Also I used a glass part infront of the camera with depth of field.

3 Likes

A Santana house from Madeira, Portugal!

9 Likes

Update on my ROBLOX Server Authentication Module.

Almost done! :eyes:

To avoid confusion, it will secure servers to prevent most exploiters.

Shooting AI (tank not by me)

External Media

I cant embed video somehow

Currently working on my game TimeOut, kind of a puzzle + time game. I really want to add more maps and make the UI better

Here is how it looks right now

3 Likes

Behold, Rims (literally)

3 Likes

Is it for a Game similar to Tropico?

Also great job!
And also, the video quality is very bad

1 Like

Just a test, to see was Sims probably made

Yeah, my computer is unfortunately not the best at handling recording

1 Like

I made my grass system super light weight

Old vs New system, both with same settings applied:

Old avg update time: (~150 ms)

New avg update time: (~5-6 ms)

This is with pretty hefty settings applied: Grass 3 studs apart, 140 studs render distance, 2048 x 2048 baseplate.

(These settings literally just broke the old one)

So what did I change?

There’s a lot to this, but what was taking up so much performance was checking distances from thousands of positions.

All of the spawn points for the grass are “baked”, so they chosen upon loading in and do not change.
Getting the closest spawn positions was very laggy, even when using a QuadTree (I don’t fully understand quadtrees so that might be why but whatever).

With the new system, all of the grass positions are placed into chunks. The position of the chunks are predictable because they’re rounded. The rounded positions are stored for later.

To get the closest chunks, I round the characters position, and then I can directly index the table to see if I’m inside a pre-existing chunk. I do a flood-fill type radius search around to get all the closest chunks, then can check the positions only from those selected chunks.

Screenshots:

3 Likes

Yo,

I just realized I posted my RGT project awhile ago, unfortunately it’s getting extremely delayed since my website developer has been extremely busy on exams and it’s been quite tough finding scripters that fit my budget, hopefully the event comes out this summer!

i’ve been working on a game of mine called dream universe for a while now, it is a spiritual successor to PSX Dream emulator, yume nikki and the dream game on roblox.
it will be a never ending project that i can keep adding on top of it whenever i feel like it

aesthetic wise im going for the 2011-14 era of roblox with a twist of modern.

at the moment i have laid down the foundation of basic gameplay stuff such as sleeping, waking and wip maps. there is still a lot of work that needs to be done in the back end like scripting, guis and yada yada. after all that maybe i’ll get to more fun stuff and share more interesting things later on

NEW Showcase game of 2023! Follow my Roblox user, AngryPhoenixx for more content like this!

49 Likes

Refurbished oven
Portfolio: https://kristinaportfolio.carrd.co/

Rate

0 voters

2 Likes

I am making a map for exploration stuff right now but since I am pretty new to building it didn’t turn out very good

External Media

Youtube link if I couldn’t insert streamable

What are your opinion on particle anyway (Camera angles is mostly top-down view all the time)
  • Too much Particle in general
  • Too much Particle (On high quality)
  • Too much Particle but it was fine with camera angle
  • It was just right
  • Too little Particle (On low quality)
  • Too little Particle in general

0 voters

EDIT:
Now including Party Following System

2 Likes

italy

4 Likes

Mamma mia!
This thing is so good!
Resembles Italia a lot

30 Likes

Composite

10 Likes

a game thumbnail i am unable to use.

1 Like

Some Python syntax highlighting.

For more information:

I’ll probably turn this into a game or something, does someone have any ideas?

9 Likes