What are you working on currently? (2024)

been working on a number of things, one of which being a programmable syntax parser - im using it as a base to create an XML parser, though it could theoretically be used to describe any kind of plaintext based parsing

the XML parser is part of a bigger project of mine, which is creating an SVG renderer that uses the new EditableImage class for displaying the rasterised data - im planning on using this for UI stuff, specifically for creating mipmaps and such

will release if i ever get around to finishing it

2 Likes

I started making my first attempt at a dialogue module.

It includes;

• Typewriting styled appearance
  • Adaptive sounds
  • Character and personality dependent on who is talking
  • Click-To-Skip feature
  • Dialogue bubble with smooth animations and colors

Pretty happy of the stage it’s at currently, and I intend to work further on it to add more features and fine-tune it where necessary.

I made a documentation of how I made this in the following topic. Feedback and/or constructive criticism is appreciated.

7 Likes

We will always remember the brave stick man who died trying to put out a fire by shooting foam out of his face.

Seriously though, I love the Powder Box. I dare say it’s one of the most well-made games on Roblox. I don’t care that SandBox copied it and has more players. I am loyal to the original.

Keep up the great work Ethan! :100:

6 Likes

Currently working on a detailed windmill which players can interact with nearly anything. Planning to turn this place to a fully interactive town with NPCs if I have enough patience and motivation.

3 Likes

I have developed an exploration game specified in memory and remember patterns (disappointing start to the beginning of the year)

2 Likes

nobody knows. nobody knows

4 Likes

Working on a 2D platformer game since early 2023, I plan on actually finishing it this time, it’s called Jack Inside a Dream (I forgot why I called it that way)

This game is inspired by Rayman games and Geometry Dash, both being some of my favorite games. I wanted to add some fun mechanics to spice up the gameplay, like:

• Walking on moving surfaces and dashing your way to another surface
  • Dodging obstacles from other surfaces
  • The “Swing” which allows you to spin and dash to another direction, you have to time your launch
  • The “Orb” which allows you to dash in the middle of the air
  • Many enemies that you have to kill in order to progress, including boss fights
  • Many maps to check out, includes side-quests
  • Multiplayer on the same device, planning on allowing 3 players at least

I want to add more more things after release, like map building, but I doubt I will be able to release that on time, here is a trailer and pictures:

I want to add as many things as possible that could possibly improve the game, so ideas and feedback would be appreciated.

13 Likes
5 Likes

New bus pack for the ÖPNV-Simulator.

17 Likes

basically wanted to create a sort of old school arcadey platformer obby type game - fun, non offensive, just an all round feel good game. I am currently implementing bonus items and a speed run mode - my son is learning Luau so the coding has got better and better with every level - try it out! Oh, and the doors to exit each level will eventually require keys that the player earns through collecting points.

5 Likes

Currently working to get the airline from me and my friend running. Not easy since not all the airports are done yet…

4 Likes

I remember playing the original Powder Game when I was younger, and it’s really cool that you recreated it! Looks good so far :3

3 Likes

210 Npcs

I still need to get the touched event up and running for battles, but when i am finished, it should be able to handle 100 or so Npcs

3 Likes

publicize once more pls (i didnt have a chance to play)

3 Likes

I’m publicizing it now. Sorry about that!

1 Like

imageimageimageimageimage

What’s special about your game? (no hate :wink:)

1 Like

It’s just going to have higher quality maps. Basically the same as these, but with new obbies, new shop systems, etc.

1 Like

Skibidi toilet 83 lore: men and women toilets

But yeah, just random prop models.

11 Likes

sweet! looking fwd to playing.

1 Like

Working on some wand designs…

1 Like