What are you working on currently? (2024)

I have this ship editor and shipyard in my game. One of my favorite creations. Looking for feedback

7 Likes

just updating my ancient antivirus plugin; before, it was just using string patterns. now its actually doing token stuff. just needs some testing before i launch it

1 Like

I noticed that the stats are somewhat using the narrower vertical space than the much more spacious horizontal space below the viewport, you could reposition some of the ship’s stats or make use of the space (maybe some icons would help make it fit horizontally)

1 Like

It isn’t really current, but I wanted to show these screenshots of the juice box in Roblox Studio. You’ve already seen the yellow one, but I didn’t pick the best camera angles to show its “wings”! @rafa902O15 included them in his concept art, and they were brought into 3D as a cute decoration. I don’t know if they were worth it, as the wings (on both straw meshes) add an extra ~2k triangles to the model! :huh:

I sort of regretted messing up the mesh’s decent polygon count, so I also imported a version (the purple-pinkish juice box) of the straw without those wings, which only uses 1.2k triangles! I feel that some experiences could use juice boxes, so I made it a “resource” (not a topic, though)! It’s UV-mapped, so you can export and make textures for it.

Of course, I didn’t just make another disposable drink container that could be used interchangeably with the pouch. It’s hard to see when I “carry” it around, but I found a cool use for SmartBone 2; The bendy straw reacts to any motions, cutely bouncing and wobbling as the juice box it’s stuck in moves. :blush: In this video, I made a script that makes the juice box “fly around”, demonstrating its straw’s interesting physics… :coefficients: (If I return to the pouch, I really should try to make it work with SmartBone…)

8 Likes

Arrows+Fire =

Physics-based rope bridges - took tweaking around to find a solution as having each individual plank with rope connections led to physics instability and the entire bridge would twitch around like mad!
Found a viable solution was to group up planks into solid welded masses & lower the gravity in each part using VectorVelocity constraints.

11 Likes

what’s machinima? i googled and it seemed unrelated

Films made in video games. It’s like having yourself or friends help out as cast to make comedy skits. Phire, Epikrika, FIRE, and FUDZ are examples of such.

It’s like ultrakill, but scuffed, has different concepts, and is unfinished! I need some feedback.

1 Like

I finished building a Škoda Car Dealership shop [Škoda is a car manufacturer company based on Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic (also known as Czechia)]

I got it from Škoda Car dealership in Musaffah, Abu Dhabi, UAE

I know the bottom one is blurry unlike the top one, but I have no plans on doing the interior, also I had to move it to an empty baseplate because the one I am building in was causing too much lag whenever I tried to change a part [because of the part count being like 9000~], but I want to hear your thoughts on this build

3 Likes

5 Likes

…aI? the rock seems to be eating the sword.

I believe the shadow is covering part of the rock.

would be kinda funny to see an ai thumbnail in “what are you working on currently” though

1 Like

Built this little house for a project

5 Likes

Working on a game called Work at a village RP

It’s inspired by the ancient Egypt RP game that is blowing up on TikTok. I would appreciate any feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m back at it again after quite some time. I’ve been working on multiple projects recently, which includes custom textures and sprites and other stuff. I haven’t touched ROBLOX Studio in about 4-5 years until now. But for currently ongoing ROBLOX-related projects, I’m working on a HUD concept for a Fallout 1/2-inspired RPG named WARTORN.

Here’s the workspace of the HUD concept for WARTORN, my post-apocalyptic RPG that is still in the brainstorming phases:

I’ve also looked at the ROBLOX Marketplace (formerly Catalog) and noticed the severe lack of clothing related to old game series, like Ultima, Space Quest, just to name a few.
For this reason, I’ve begun to create custom clothing based on Roger Wilco’s outfit from Space Quest I (VGA remake), published by Sierra On-Line.

EDIT: You may need to right-click the image(s) and open it in a new tab to see the full thing in its true size.
For the WARTORN HUD concept, the main screen is contained in a 480x272 screen on the top left of the image. It’s currently messy at the moment.

2 Likes

I’ve just played your game, and it looks good so far. I don’t have ULTRAKILL nor played it, but the gameplay is fast-paced similar to ULTRAKILL. You begin the first few waves with a sword, and then you get a gun and some sort of weapon that lets you dart around the area for a few seconds. It’s not bad! Although for the first few moments I thought right clicking would let me shoot a projectile at the enemies until I found out that it does not do anything, yet… I also don’t know what this sword charging mechanic is, does the sword get more power for a little while when it glows?

my man should I take that as a compliment or as an insult

i made it on blender 2.74

6 Likes

This is super cool! I actually experimented with physics-based rope bridges in 2022. (I hadn’t realized until just now how long it has been. :skull:)

Anyway, I had the same problem with unstable physics. I found that if I made the rope constraints slightly longer than the distance between the planks, it helped a lot with stability. The problem I had after that was that once the bridge started shaking, it would never stop. I was able to solve this problem by using AlignPosition to push each plank towards it’s resting position. I’ll leave a link to my original post about this from 2022 here if you want to see it.

1 Like