What can I add to my simulator game to make it different from others?

This is my roblox game:

As of now, it is a very basic and classic simulator game. You click a button, you get clicks, you rebirth, get pets, blah blah blah.

Can you guys give me some ideas on things to add that will make that game a lot better and make it different from other clicker simulator games?

Thanks

-GreenTreeGamingYT

2 Likes

I don’t have an answer but I have to compliment you on the song choices. They sound amazing!

2 Likes

to answer your question:

• the simulator genre is somewhat oversaturated already. what makes a simulator unique is if you make and execute an idea that hasn’t:
    a. blown up in popularity
    b. completly unique and hasn’t been made yet
    c. mixed in with another genre(ex: tycoons for example)
    d. original ideas that i couldn’t think of above

besides that, i’m not too sure about what you could add that could make your game alot better, overall it needs more time in the oven to cook, there’s a decent amount of bugs i found(see below) that need fixing. maybe you need more content to keep players engaged, or benefits for premium players to keep them in game for longer? no idea. part of your game feels more of a cash grab to me; there’s so many microtransactions, no offense. its not the end of the world but your game needs content overall. try playing other clicker simulators or simulators in general and getting some inspiration.

other stuff i thought about your game:

• the surrounding walls look nice, as well as the overall scenery, but its a bit odd when i can see the baseplate and the grass that cuts over the wall. i recommend fixing this by deleting the baseplate when you publish, moving the extra islands further away from each other
  • you should add invisible walls because i can climb my way outside of the map/islands
  • you should let players know about a daily spin
  • after rebirthing i was making an exceptional rate of clicks(prob due to my pet, no idea), and after reading some of the click prices, they feel more of a scam than an actual product. I’d increase the amount of clicks players get, while also decreasing the robux price. in a minute i made the same amount of clicks the max 1649R$ costing one gave you, saving me money if i were to actually buy that.
  • you should tell players how much it costs to enchant, i didn’t know it costed 500 gems to enchant a “GlowingBear” with “clicks 1,” whatever that even means.
  • a tutorial would be nice for some mechanics, like enchanting for example. i had no idea what i was doing in that menu

bugs:

• when i went over the blue clicks chest in the 3 chest area i got nothing and the middle one started the countdown without me touching it
  • the billboard guis over chests are cut off at the top
  • i discovered the forest island and the “islands #1” quest never finished
  • the regular tree(not pine tree) has a large hitbox, i can touch an invisible barrier but not the actual trunk
  • the waterfall follows the camera, which leads to it sometimes looking off and weird since part of it isn’t touching the water at the bottom
  • in the badges menu the quests aren’t aligned up with the badges, some quests i completed never got “checked off” or whatever this menu is for
  • the badges menu cannot be closed and can only be closed if a player leaves the game
  • the trade button doesn’t open up any menu whatsoever
  • the portal button in the menu doesn’t work or open any menu whatsoever
  • there isn’t a click popup whenever i click my mouse
  • half of the settings don’t even work. click sound and music for example don’t do their correct functions. some of the settings i couldn’t test because i’m in the only person in a server, but also because i have no idea what they do(ex: what does “character effect” even do?)
  • the plus button besides your clicks on the left-hand side of the screen doesn’t work
  • the 2 leaderboards at spawn don’t show anything
  • the fountain in the middle of spawn has a decently large hitbox
4 Likes

less eggs cuz they over rated plsd ty

1 Like

Hello! Thank you for such a detailed answer! I went through everything you said, and fixed everything (except a few minor things)!

If you want to see the update you can join the game!

Thanks!

1 Like

try to adjust gameplay loops

If you look at a game like Fantastic Frontier, there is no other game that has the same exact gameplay loop. Now look at the average simulator game, almost identical gameplay loop to thousands of other games.

An example of Fantastic Frontier’s unique approach is its randomized enemy spawning. While in most of simulator games you see, it’s always the same enemies at the same locations with the same spawn rates.

In a simulator you can try to tweak things like the way things spawn that you haven’t seen before in a simulator game before. Anything to change the way the player fundamendally plays the game makes a huge difference. Even if it’s a small change.

A day/night cycle is something I would personally add to a simulator game. If there are certain activities only available at either time, the player can now change their approach to farming resources every time the cycle switches.

1 Like

I love the idea about a day/night cycle! I think I am going to make a system where if it is night time you get x1.5 clicks! Great idea!

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

I really like your game and I think you’ve done a good job with it so far. One idea I have to make the simulator a little more unique is a trick system for pets. The player could train their pets to do tricks and they could be performed at a random time. As the pets get upgraded, they unlock more tricks to do. When the pets do a trick, the player could be rewarded some clicks.

Also, a couple bugs:

• the X button on the badge menu doesn’t work
  • sometimes the cost for eggs on the forest island doesn’t show up

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you! I will add your ideas to the game!

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like