What can I do to make my map fit my theme?

Currently I’ve been working on a game where you collect hats that drop from the sky, but I don’t want to make a map full of decoration to the point where you can’t collect some hats. I need some feedback on this map and what I can add to it to make it look better, I’m not looking for a low poly look nor am I looking for something extremely realistic.

1 Like

Add hills/mountains, don’t leave it full-straight,

Maybe some walls, or a waterfall, or even a small building

1 Like

Maybe add some small stone’s and add a hat statue in the middle.

You can also add a river and grass for example.

I added a better barrier (last one was invisible)

What should I add now?

Does this look good? I couldn’t find a way to change the material with the mesh so I’m working with this right now.

I like it, but I think you can put the trees back in.

Alright, I’ll make new ones, the old ones were kinda just placeholders since they are popular freemodels.

Here’s the product currently.

I liked it, but if you want you can also add a grass scattered on the map.

1 Like

You should rotate all the trees slightly so they’re not all facing the exact same direction. It would make the build look slightly more natural.

Does this look about fine?

1 Like

Use a texture pack for the grass to give it a more cartoony vibe.

I really don’t like cartoony, that kinda fits in with low poly which is what I specifically asked not for.

2 Likes

Make a normal map, just don’t add a lot of decoration.

The original screenshot is a normal map, but I’m asking to make it better, very broad answer.

I recommend using some free texture packs on the library. Goodluck!

That looks good but maybe put the top hat at the bottom then stack the rest on top.

That’s not possible the entire statue is literally a hat its called “hat stack”

Ok but on the left side under the top hat it has a darker area if you fix that then its perfect.