What counts as a part in a rig for animating? ("The rig contains multiple parts which share the same name. Please give unique names to all parts.")

This is a support category for asking questions about how to get something done on the Roblox websites or how to do something on Roblox applications such as Roblox Studio.

1. What do you want to achieve? I want to enter animation editor.

2. What is the issue? It’s not letting me figure out what sort of part is causing the issue by being vague on what the problem is, as even when checking all the “parts” nothing is the same in names.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I tried looking at animation engine changes because it was working a couple months ago but found nothing related to this and no other problems similar that I have seen on the forums. I also tried using a script to figure out the names of the parts I have but they all have different names I checked the motors (their Part1 property and the name) too.

for _, part in game:GetService("Selection"):Get()[1]:GetDescendants() do if not part:IsA("BasePart") then continue end print(part) end

I just need to know what sort of class that Roblox looks for when checking for errors, so I know what to change.

1 Like

Roblox will look for all instance names, regardless of instance type.

All names in the rig should be unique.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.