What do I do if my game is stolen

Hey developers,
I have no Idea where to put this issue, but I own a Cafe Panda’s cafe v3 one of my developers informed me that a Group called “Beany Business” They basically stole my cafe and changed some things around. I’m really mad and upset. Can anyone help?

11 Likes

I’ve worked on it for so long, and it’s really upsetting.

4 Likes

You can try contacting Roblox CS about this using the support form, via the DMCA category. However, most of the time, you’ll get a copy-paste response saying ‘use the report button’ and then they barely help any further.

11 Likes

I’ve asked him to take it down before I do take it to ROBLOX.

3 Likes

Chances are he won’t, because people who have the nerve to steal things aren’t very bright and won’t reconsider.

12 Likes

I just spoke to his Co-Founder and he claims that he will dm him and ask him to remove it before I go to ROBLOX Cs I’m still waiting on a response.

3 Likes

I am really sad to hear that your work has been stolen, I think everyone knows how frustrating it is to spend a lot of time building something or paying for something that was stolen. I don’t have any idea how someone would be able to copy a game without it even being public, probably your builder was persuaded to sell them the cafe that you’re using aswell. I have no idea why he would do that, I’m not saying that he did it, but there’s a chance. I think you should try to report the other group that uses your cafe without asking you. Either by contacting Roblox or the group owner himself and have a civilized discussion where both of you find the perfect solution. But I believe contacting Roblox would be better as there’s high chances that the owner of the group that stole your build wouldn’t want to take it down. For this, you need valid proof that you are the one who made it in the first place, version history of your game might be a good proof. If your builder has built the cafe in his place, you can use the version history of his game. I hope you will be able to fix this whole situation.

11 Likes

Right he passed on Development on a post I made a while ago, he agreed to payment and I saw he started to AA so I demoted him and told him why I think as soon as I gave it to him I saw he went on my game V2. I thought he was working on this I asked him to do, yet I don’t know what he was doing. I think he could have Copied the whole thing and pasted it on for himself. I really wish I could get their group locked and the developer (Owner of the cafe) gets a ban. I don’t know why he would do that, It’s extremely frustrating.

2 Likes

I’m going to post pictures of my cafe and his. I will also show the dates.

4 Likes

Stolen:

My cafe:

Dates----

Stolen:

My cafe:

4 Likes

I had to go into a alt because he pbanned me on the game

3 Likes

2 options

• Roblox support team: aka get a token… wait your turn (max 12h), show them theese two places, and tell them to look at the dates. You can pick up from there.
    • Cort… yes… report them for theft (again… creation dates are on your side)

They were helpfull to me and my problems, and wait time was 30m.

Best of luck… this sucks.

5 Likes

Cort? Like IRL, you’re telling me to make a case?

2 Likes

I’d recommend just talking to Roblox Support first before having to rely on that :eyes:

Also, this may or may not be true/false as of now since this post was created a while back (2013) but, if you want to check it out, you can, quite interesting information :man_shrugging:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/protecting-models-with-archivable/942

1 Like

Well… yes?
This is theft after all.

IMPORTANT: pls first try roblox support!!!

1 Like

Exactly!
(30ccccccccharacters)

1 Like

Exploit Report seems most appropriate or if that isn’t right, Moderation? But I believe Exploit Report.
And if you want a sure fire way of contact, contact them directly by email.

2 Likes

exploit / moderation / user safety concern
choose your character

nothing to see here :thinking:

1 Like

DMCA would fit best in my opinion

4 Likes

Oh, did not even notice that one, yes DMCA @Joeys2Valid

2 Likes