What do you all think about my house?

Oh sorry for not reading the other replies. With that image I can suggest:

• Adding window sills

• Change the colour of the stair to match the floor colour

• Maybe make the door handle look more realistic like this:
    02%20am
    (Image I found on google)

Hope some of these helped and good luck in your future builds.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate you giving me luck!

May I ask, is there going to be an interior accessible by the player?

If so could you show me a picture of that so I can share some suggestions?

1 Like

Umm, maybe, I will try to get it possible.

Oh thanks! I will make sure it gets to featured games!

Hi there, Joshua! :wave:
First of all, nice job on your house. However, I do have a few advices so you can improve your building even more.

You might notice that currently, although it resembles a house, it isnā€™t really appealingā€¦ If you want to improve your building, I suggest you read my guide, since it has a very interesting approach towards building.

Iā€™ll try to explain how you can improve it currently with just a few basic steps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Image 1 - This is basically your house. Youā€™re using the same materials and similar colours for different objectives. This leads to a very plain look. Moreover, your house is in a 2D plane. It lacks depth and perspective, making it look unrealistic or even childish. To fix it you should try having the roof on a different layer than the walls.

Image 2 - This is a little upgrade I made to your houseā€¦ Itā€™s definitely not the best, but already feels more like a house, doesnā€™t it? The next step is to add some more decoration, you knowā€¦ things that the real world has!

Image 3 - The final version. :smile:

I hope this helps you in the future. If you have any questions feel free to ask me :wave:

15 Likes

This is a pretty classic first start for a builder. Thereā€™s a lot to add like windows, depth into the design, different materials / textures and exterior work.

For a start? Itā€™s good. Thereā€™s attention to scaling, which is always the base of a good build in my opinion.
For a game? I donā€™t think itā€™s going to be adequate. Unless the gameplay is so original, exciting, and well done, I donā€™t think that a quality of that level is going to make for a successful game.

Iā€™d suggest taking a lot more time to practice before shooting for an entire game. Good luck, everyoneā€™s gotta start somewhere.

Maybe you can put surroundings around the door like this.

1 Like

Yeah, it does! Thanks @Arcuatus! I really helps!

Thank you! I am a classic builder!

1 Like

Here is the 3rd house.

What do you all think now?

Feel free to comment below! Criticize if you want! I will not cry! :smile:

5 Likes

How long did this take you to create?

This build took around 20 to 30 minutes to get an idea and build it.

1 Like

Joshua, you will need to have a keen eye and a clear understanding of a model. I can see that you didnā€™t add a tile to the upper and down side of the window. After that you made a house! well atleast sorta :smiley:

Next try to fix your proportions. your door is too big and your windows are too big and i can see the wooden floor which is very unsatisfying and annoying. Those are some tips but the biggest tip would be to keep on trying and analyse your own work. Go into a game showcase such as https://www.roblox.com/games/64861517/Neon-District-EPISODES-UPDATE and many others and observe and absorb

1 Like

Thanks! I will play this later! Thanks for the support!

@Gravity_Defier, thanks! I like your pleasing words! I am currently working more on it!

1 Like

An improvement from the last one but I still have a few suggestions:

• The roof colour should blend with the wall colour and then the roofing tiles should be a different colour. Like a few others and me said before:

• Add some more interesting things (paths, plants, driveway, fence , ect.)

• The window colour looks too dark compared to the colours.

• Maybe add a window sill to go with the window frame.

• I feel like this floor colour should match the wall colour. Iā€™m pretty sure this is the inside floor. It shouldnā€™t be exposed to the outside in my opinion.

• The door looks too tall to me compared to the character ( although it would be good if you showed some different perspectives.)

• Maybe some extra things like a porch or a garage, maybe an attic window or second floor or maybe a shed.

• From this angle it seems as if the door doesnā€™t have a handle. If it doesnā€™t you could add one.

Maybe show us some different angles and the interior to help us give suggestions.

Hereā€™s one I quickly made(Might help explain what I mean with some of these suggestions):

Sorry for bad quality pictures, currently on my bad laptop

37%20pm

@Arcuatus also made a very helpful tutorial for you.

I know a few of these suggestions are repeats of my last ones but thereā€™s things you havenā€™t added that would really make the build better :slightly_smiling_face:

Hopefully some of my suggestions helped you. Good luck :+1: and well done on this improvement.

2 Likes

Thank you for giving me such grace, I will make sure to do any improvement requests!

It needs more detail, the door is just a grey slab with a cylinder, there are no windows, its all brick, the door is too small in proportion to the house. The roof is also just two wedges and the house doesnā€™t at all look realistic or cartoonish. Colours donā€™t fit in very well either.

Hope this information helps! :slight_smile:

Make sure to look at the third house! Here!