What do you think of my new game? [PARADISE ISLAND]

Is it normal if the logo says “Paridise Island” instead of "“Paradise island”?

5 Likes

i hired someone to make the logo

You should probably tell them to change it to “Paradise island” if they still have the file.

1 Like

now changed!

Im not gonna pay the robux to pay the game but I just wanna say good job getting 65 people to pay for game access. Though I do suggest making it 10 robux to play the game because your game is currently more then twice as expensive as welcome to bloxburg

1 Like

the game isn’t payed to play anymore

1 Like

Oh ok! How long was it like that? Did any people pay for game access?

1 Like

like 1 person. it was payed access for about 3 hours

1 Like

Ah ok. I was wondering because I may try to do what you did for myself. That its now non payed access ill play it right now!

1 Like

The game is very good! Its a bit laggy but thats fine. For suggestions I just think you should maybe make it harder to escape the prison and maybe a bit more things to do after you escape.

1 Like

thanks! can you thumbs up the game?

1 Like

Since you still don’t know what to change, I’ll take my time and give you a thorough list of absolutely everything I can spot.

• The treadmills in the gym clip half way through the fence.
  • The cells sort of looks nice, but that area as a whole is quite poorly designed. These are jail cells, but they serve no purpose of imprisoning people. It also looks too bright and vibrant to be a jail.
  • The entire prison is pointless. There’s no purpose having people as inmates when there are no guards and you can literally just walk out of the prison with 0 difficulty. It’s more of a spawn area than a prison.
  • ‘Mute music’ unmuted the music by itself after 10 minutes or so.

1. The terrain on the inside shouldn’t perfectly match with the terrain on the outside considering there’s a wall there - especially since there’s water.
  2. This is an error with the alignment.
  3. This is also an error with the alignment - the wall likely shouldn’t stick out like that.
  • The prison wall has a serious lack of detail to the point where it’s borderline unattractive. Instead of just using basic parts with a material, you should actually design and construct these walls to look like prison walls, rather than big slabs of brick.
  • The trees have CanCollide set to False - to me being able to walk through tree trunks just doesn’t feel right in this game.
  • Similar to the prison walls, the fence at the front is another example of a lack of detail. Again, I would strongly suggest actually creating it rather than using an image. It’s also 2D.
  • In general, the prison does not feel like a prison; not only does it lack distinct features a prison would have, such as a cafeteria, guard towers, etc. it doesn’t feel secure either, for example in the way that you can literally stroll out whenever you please.
  • The fence gate for the prison is very flawed; I could not close it. When opening it, the part moves very oddly where it turns extremely slowly to a 90 degree angle and then floats up into the air, as you’ll see in the screenshot below.

1. This is where the door started, obviously.
  2. This is where the door magically floated up to.
  • The terrain for both islands is extremely square; this feels unnatural as real world islands would dramatically vary in shape - they wouldn’t be square shaped.
  • I would strongly recommend reconsidering the map’s boundaries in your development process. You can clearly see the water ends very close towards the map, adding to the lack of immersion as this doesn’t feel realistic. The water should extend as far as you can see, to make it look as if you’re actually on an island rather than being on an island on a floating body of water in the air. I can also see behind map boundaries - this is due to the design of the map as well as the max camera distance. Therefore, below, I can see the following errors:

• Besides the obvious collision issues here, the terrain feels very unnatural; sand wouldn’t take such a steep form when moving downwards to the water. It would be formed more like a beach rather than a little cliff.

1. The roads lead to nowhere. Again, this contributes to the lack of immersivity.
  2. The path doesn’t line up properly with the door of the prison.
  3. Why does the road to nowhere not at least join up with the bridge?
  4. This is the green part but I forgot to number it - these paths look extremely broken. I know this is from a birds eye view, but I still got this impression when I was playing through on the ground.

• Again, there’s a lack of detail on this bridge to the point where it doesn’t look like a bridge - it looks like a floating road, so I think more detail should be added to make it look more like a bridge. Also, if you look to the right side of the bridge, you can very faintly see an issue with alignment once again; this time the far right part of the road is literally on top of the left side.

• Some more errors here - they’re self explanatory so I won’t go into detail.

• Here, I can appreciate you’ve changed this based on my previous feedback, but this still doesn’t look like a building since no building would be wedge shaped. The door also looks nothing like a door - when I first saw it I thought it was an entrance to a cellar.
  • Where I’ve highlighted blue, those parts are unanchored.
  • The green texture is also quite unattractive - it doesn’t give me the vibe that this is a building.
  • On the back of the building, the texture seems to be clashing with something, causing it to flash rapidly.
  • I would recommend that this entire building, especially the back, should be recreated to look more like a building. I would strongly suggest using reference images to give you an idea of what to create.

• The same issues persist with this building; the texture is just simply unattractive, and doesn’t contribute towards making the work look like a building.
  • The bottom of the building is also hanging over the road.

• As nice an Easter egg as it is writing ‘subscribe to my YouTube channel’ on the paper on the table, nobody will be able to see these parts as it’s impossible to get high enough to actually see there’s a room up here. Therefore, they’re just wasting resources and contributing to lag since they serve no realistic purpose.
  • The roof of the building also doesn’t look like a roof.

• It’s extremely vague as to what this building is supposed to be. As it’s one of the buildings with an interior, there’s nothing to define its purpose; there’s no visual indication on the outside nor the inside. Although the design is alright, the interior is very empty as there’s a front desk - nothing else. I’d recommend deciding what this building is meant to be and actually designing an interior around its purpose.

• More issues with alignment.

• The parts on the bridge aren’t equal distances apart.
  • The parts on the far sides don’t look very realistic; this bridge looks quite rushed as there’s no detail.

• Once again, this terrain is unrealistically steep. It should be more beach shaped.

• The shop is hanging over the road again.
  • This shop looks to be of higher quality than the rest of the game, making every other build looks bad compared to it. This uneven distribution of quality further degrades the quality of the game as it feels as if assets of several different qualities are being forced together.

• There are literally no boundaries here, meaning I can freely walk off the edge. When I told you to remove the invisible walls, you should replace them with an actual boundary with a physical appearance. Once again, this degrades the immersion of the game.

• I’m presuming this is intended to be a pond - to me it’s far too straight, and therefore looks unnatural.

• Even these roads aren’t joined up.
  • If you follow the road on the far right of the screen, it carries on for about 50 studs before coming to a complete stop.

• I’m not entirely sure what this is intended to be, but to me it doesn’t really fit with the game considering it serves no purpose.

• Also, particles are being emitted from the rock as well as the pink thing, so you may want to consider resizing the pink thing to correct this.

• The guns are very buggy. As soon as you equip one, your mouse moves unbearably slow to the point where combat would be near impossible.

• For aiming, there’s a very small white dot in the middle of the screen which is barely visible.

• When firing the shotgun, you get pushed backwards - to me this is an interesting touch, but it just doesn’t seem too realistic.

• Upon equipping a gun, your camera is also locked, preventing you from zooming in at all, and you’re restricted to some sort of mouse lock you can’t escape unless you put the gun down.

• If you’re playing in first person and you equip a gun, your character will be invisible.

• The revolver can hold 12 bullets. This is very unrealistic - it would probably hold 5 or 6 at the most. On the other hand, the shotgun can only hold 4 bullets - I’d recommend this to be changed to 8 or a similar value.

• There are no animations on the guns - on top of this, the shotgun is held with 1 hand.

There were a few other errors in the building, but I haven’t included them because this has gone on for long enough.

If I’m completely honest, I think you’ve rushed this work - the lack of detail and quality in the building overall is probably why people dislike the game. It clearly hasn’t been planned either, which I’d strongly recommend you do. You might want to consider starting from scratch and running this as an actual project, instead of trying to complete your entire game in 2 days as you informed me.

There’s several other gameplay related features which concern me. For example:

• There’s a prison, but there’s no guards.
  • There’s nothing to do once you escape the prison.
  • Money doesn’t seem to do anything.
  • Criminals can obtain guns but prisoners can’t. Therefore, criminals could theoretically sit and spawnkill the prisoners.

This took me over an hour to write, so I hope it helps.
Apologies for any typos; I’ve had to skim read whilst proofreading else I’ll be here all night.

13 Likes

NEW PRISON ESCAPE!

I payed 25 robux for this game while it was only payed access for 3 hours…

everyone told me to change it

Now in new servers.

Hey just wanted you to know your logo says paridise when its spelled paradise. Also gave game thumbs up. New escape is nice but the camera on mobile has gotten all messed up for some reason. But other then those things the game is good!

1 Like

i did not make the logo. sorry about that.

Played it and its alrighttt but I suggest actually wpending time on it, basically close the game for now and make it an actual mad city game with police officers, roberries and just more features, its boring but its really not that bad, can be improbed heavily and polished.

I did, it just isnt any fun and isnt a game, its just a prison with some buildings, do as I said and spend at least 1-4 months and it might become an actual competitor to big games

1 Like