What does this "@" mean

Hi everyone,
I hope you’re all doing well! I was casually scripting when I encountered an unfamiliar “@” that I couldn’t find any information about.
Screenshot 2024-06-28 145037
Despite my efforts to research it, I haven’t been able to discover what this “@” means. Could someone provide me with some insight?

1 Like
5 Likes

I am still struggling to understand:
Screenshot 2024-06-28 151342

Both “@native” and “@example” come back as a error.
Is there something that I misread or missed?

interesting i wounder what it could be

1 Like

Basically they can only be used in a very unsafe and difficulty way so it’s recommended to not use them. And the attributes in the documentation are given as an example, you have to declare them first.

so they are useless and even if I were to use them they would break studio

Sort of…? That’s the only documentation I could find about them… I myself just saw about them in the new release notes topic.

How would you declare an attribute?

i think roblox is just playing around with it as a possible update in the future

oh ok. so “@” is like another one of those scripting tricks like --!native and !strict.

1 Like

Could be.

Yes, exactly. As the documentation states it’s just used to declare attributes for certain modules that affects their behaviour in runtime (running the game). And about your previous post which you deleted, they seem to be only be declared by roblox themselves, we cannot.

Ahh, I got you now. Thank you for helping me understand.

No problem! Glad I could help! Now I also know what these things actually are lol.