What games should starting developers make?

Hello Developer,

Thanks for reaching out to developers world wide to help you with this matter, as this is a common problem.

I would recommend you to read through 2 of my following posts all about the topic on how to start off making games, and what games are currently popular on the immersive, imaginary platform.

Collecting Ideas - The steps of developing a game - Resources / Community Tutorials - DevForum | Roblox

What games are the most engaging currently, and what is worth creating? - Development Discussion - DevForum | Roblox

If you have any questions, please let me know here.

Sincerely,
CrashFacts

1 Like

Honestly you should start by making a gun game but i dont recommend starting with obbys because i think they are to easy and you won’t really get an understanding of making games. Anywase its not hard to make a gung ame and you get a better understanding of how things work in studio. And its just better than an obby. It may seem hard but you can just go into the tool box and look for guns but just watch out for viruses and backdoors.

An obby, then a tycoon. The obby teaches the dev building skills, and the tycoon teaches scripting skills

1 Like

Agree and disagree. I do think that people should do whatever comes to mind, but people, especially new developers, will go over their head. When they start doing it, they will soon realize that they can’t do it, and might quit. It can go anyway, whatever works for the dev

100% Obbies. They are a very good way to practice your building and they require some simple scripting too.

Now, you can just grab it from the toolbox, but that is not practising.

You’re supposed to make EVERYTHING from the obby yourself. And when you can’t figure something out, just ask someone!

The feeling of succeeding will encourage the starting developer to try again and maybe make something more challenging next time. That’s how you practise.

2 Likes