What if Devforums member get a special hat?

Greetings everyone!

I have a certain feature that I would like to address in which it would help alot of small developers in the Devforum such as me.

So as you’ve probably read the title , the request is to have special Devforum hats only for members , which is of course very useful in getting spotlights.

Meaning to say if people looked at your profile and saw the hat or the badge (would prefer if it wasn’t a badge because people don’t usually look there , instead a tag beside your name or as mentioned a hat) they would know you’re not a regular GFX artist or a Builder and such…

Looking at the Devforums badge or hat also helps big developers to look for high quality Devs that has been chosen by Roblox itself which would of course at the end help develop better games which will also develop the Roblox community.

**Edit : Well , I can’t respond anymore since I don’t have much more time left , but here are all my point and I wish you would not repeat the some point : **
-The Devforum members can be trusted easily because they look at your moderation history and all
-The badge is necessary for small developers because they don’t get the attention big developers get
-The Devforum group is unofficial and people would not believe if they don’t know about the owner.

26 Likes

The devforums should not be seen as indication of any kind of skill let alone be something to achieve just for esteem. This would merely draw people to it to achieve membership rather than actually wanting to participate in it. There are plenty of ways to become recognised for your skill, and devforum membership should not be part of it.

46 Likes

I am not indicating to it as a membership , just a simple hat or name tag that helps developers to find what they want , plus not to mention if people don’t know you (just like my case) they can see that you have the badge and they can easily trust you because you have been chosen by Roblox.

1 Like

Which is not what devforum membership means or should mean. Roblox does not ensure any devforum member can be trusted, they merely make an indication of whether you’d be a valuable member for this forum.

11 Likes

Don’t forget that it’s very hard even for big developers to enter the Devforums , since it looks at your moderation history , meaning to say some people haven’t got banned at all or did not get any warning which means you can trust them because they don’t have a bad history which proves the point that devforum members can easily be trusted.

1 Like

I’m going to leave this with a reference to yet another thread with essentially the same conclusion; it is not a competition to get onto the forum and it does not guarantee you are trustworthy.

10 Likes

Or if you’re like me, along with many other members, you can just simply put your skills (ie. designing, coding) and “DevForum member” in your blurb/on socials. I agree with @TaaRt on this one — there is no need for a hat just because you’re in DevForums.

13 Likes

Well Sheric , you and @TaaRt may not agree with me , but I see it necessary , because you didn’t work your way up till here and then when people look at you they don’t know who you are or what you are known for.

1 Like

As much as it would be cool, many people have suggested this and have been denied every time :disappointed_relieved:

I kinda agree with @TaaRt saying

The devforums should not be seen as indication of any kind of skill let alone be something to achieve just for esteem.

But, you could say the same thing for model making and being endorsed by Roblox which doesn’t stop Roblox from giving people this badge.

3 Likes

We already have our own special cool kids group.

Anything more would be unnecessary.

8 Likes

That’s unofficial , we want something ensured by Roblox 100%.

2 Likes

But again, that’s unfair to the quality developers that aren’t in DevForums. The way you stated what you wanted made it seem as if every developer outside of DevForums was low quality, which is far from true. I know many people who deserve a spot in DevForums but have no interest in applying.

Conclusion- I wouldn’t be where I am today if well-known developers ONLY hired people from DevForums since they’re so “trustworthy and high quality”. My major breakthrough happened years before I got into the DevForums. If people do their research when they’re looking to hire people, a hat in someone’s inventory means nothing. It’s about their work, presentation, and attitude. Not. A. Hat.

5 Likes

I see what you mean with the esteem being there for it, but they really have quite a different intention. The badge is meant to reward people who make great content for Roblox, it more or less is meant as something to show off. Devforum membership however is mainly intended for contributing to the forums with input and such.

As additional factor, the badge is (likely) rarer and since its main purpose is the skill of the owner, it is more explicitly tested before being awarded. That badge does what it says; ensure skill. Devforum membership does not ensure any of this, the approval process is not meant to guarantee skill levels or anything in particular.

3 Likes

Can agree with well known developers only hiring people from devforums being unfair , but high quality devs that aren’t in the devforums have no borders of applying for the devforums , unless they don’t know about it which is their problem because they don’t search , or they have a bad moderation history which is their fault too.

Not sure who you mean by “we”. Most people seem to be against this.

That unofficial group works just fine. It is ran by @EchoReaper, a Top Contributor.

Also, this is a good read.
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/so-about-rbxdev-badges/27144/147

4 Likes

I don’t see why people are against this , it’s for their own good . I mean even if I was against this I wouldn’t refuse to have a badge or name tag , PLUS as I’ve mentioned you can’t get into the Devforums if you’ve scammed or done anything bad because they check your moderation history which proves my point that most of the Devforum members are trusted.

This has been discussed many times before, i’d refer to this thread if you’re interested in the reasons as to why it can’t happen: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/so-about-rbxdev-badges/27144

Edit: nvm I didn’t see Trioxide’s post

2 Likes

This. I literally made like 4 free models and applied to have them endorsed, and I have the badge. I don’t make free models that often at all. I just did a couple because I thought it was a neat program. I do not believe this badge reflects anyone’s skill at all. You just had to make a model and be lucky that it was chosen.

Do I want one? Sure. Do I think we should have one? Absolutely not. It is incredibly unneeded and should not be given out. There is no reason why we should have a badge. RBXDev does not represent anyone’s skills and should not be used as basis to hire someone. No one in RBXDev should be trusted merely because they are on the forums.

7 Likes

This thread is actually proving my point which is we need a badge or a hat or whatever the thing is to prove that this person is in the DevForums.

I kinda agree, the badge could be abused, but devforum membership does show that a user is legitimate to an extent. A devforum member would be much less likely to scam or do anything fishy since that would bring a severe punishment if they are caught - loss of all of their progress and respect which they built up over the years and the possible termination of their account. Not many of us would risk scamming someone with these kind of consequences, unless it’s for a lot of money, but that could make it even worse as we might get sued since Roblox knows a lot of information about us.

1 Like