What is the correct size for a developer product image?

Hey, I’m trying to make a transparent looking developer product image but my developer product image size keeps seeming to change randomly. I used the solution size from this post and my image came out like this, with a weird white border and weirdly stretched. How would I go about making my image fill the whole area and look seamless?

Image used (420x420):
money

Result:
actualresult

1 Like

512 x 512 should work perfectly.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately I just tried this size, and it seems to have the same exact problem – the white border and it’s still a little stretched. I wonder if this is intended behavior by Roblox? I’ve just checked a few of the most popular games (Bloxburg, Adopt Me, Murder Mystery 2 & Bee Swarm Simulator). These few games either have all white backgrounds instead, or they have the weird white border.

1 Like

That strange. All of the popular games appear fine for me. Can I see a screenshot?

1 Like

Have you not tried 1024x1024? I hear all images are capped at that size anyway. So if the dimensions are smaller. Downscaling is easier than upscaling.

2 Likes

Sure! Here’s a few of them:

At my game with 512x512:

TK

Adopt Me (all white background)

AdoptMe

Murder Mystery 2 (has border)

MM2

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! I’ll try this size now and respond accordingly!

1 Like

Unfortunately this size has also not worked for me. I’m just going to do the white background like Adopt Me and call it a day, but if anyone has anything else to add onto this post go ahead and I’ll read them!

2 Likes

Use a transparent background, that’s what the other games seem to be doing.

2 Likes