What is the "Dex Explorer"?

Dex Explorer

Players can create their own games and participate in those created by others on the hugely popular online gaming platform known as Roblox. The site does, however, have its fair share of exploiters who employ hacking tools to outplay other players. Dex Explorer, a well-liked exploit tool that some players use to control and investigate the game’s code, is one such cheat tool. Dex Explorer is frequently included in the “CoreGui” or “PlayerGui”.

Dex Explorer allows users to view and edit game objects, players, and even scripts in real-time. With this tool, players can gain an unfair advantage by modifying the game’s mechanics, teleporting, and even creating custom tools. While some players use Dex Explorer for harmless purposes, such as exploring game code and testing their own games, others use it to cheat and gain an unfair advantage over others.

It’s important to note that any changes made using Dex Explorer only happen client-sided, meaning that other players in the game will not see these changes. However, the changes can have a significant impact on the game and can create an unfair playing field. This is why the use of exploits is against Roblox’s terms of service, and players caught using them can face serious consequences, including account termination.

Exploits like Dex Explorer exist, and game developers need to be aware of them and take precautions to stop them from being utilised in their games. To find and stop the use of exploits, developers can utilise anti-cheat tools including server-side detection, security layers, and reporting systems. In order to track and spot unusual behaviour that might be related to the usage of cheat tools, some developers also employ game analytics software. This might not always be an option, unfortunately.

bild

Dex Explorer is just one of the many exploit tools available to Roblox players, and it’s important for developers to stay informed about the latest exploit trends to protect their games and players. Some of the other popular exploit tools used in Roblox include JJSploit, Krnl, and Synapse X. These tools are designed to give players an unfair advantage and can significantly impact the gaming experience.

Dex Explorer is an exploit tool that some players use to obtain an unfair edge in Roblox games, to sum up this discussion. Its use is prohibited by the platform’s rules of service, and anyone discovered utilising it faces harsh repercussions. The use of exploits in games should be avoided by game makers, who should exercise caution and take appropriate measures. It’s also vital to keep in mind that any adjustments made via Dex Explorer only effect the client, meaning no other players will be impacted. Developers can safeguard their games and produce a fun and fair gaming experience for all players with the appropriate tools and techniques.

Although there is no official solution to guard against the exploit, you can at least help by sharing your best practises.

9 Likes

Why then shouldn’t I create a client-side anti-cheat?

Creating client-side anti-cheats might be dangerous, despite the fact that game creators can install anti-cheat measures to stop the use of vulnerabilities like Dex Explorer.

Client-side anti-cheats function by spotting and preventing cheating tools on the player’s equipment. While in some circumstances this might work, it’s important to remember that cheating software like Dex Explorer is made to get around these safeguards. This means that players can simply find ways to evade the anti-cheat mechanism and continue utilising cheat tools.

Developing client-side anti-cheats can also be dangerous because they might hurt real players. Anti-cheat tools that look for suspicious activity might mistakenly identify honest play as cheating. False positives may emerge from this, when innocent players are punished for something they did not commit.

Another concern of building client-sided anti-cheats is that it can lead to a cat-and-mouse game between creators and cheaters. The moment a new anti-cheat mechanism is put in place, cheaters will start coming up with new ways to get around it. This may result in an ongoing cycle of patches and upgrades, which can be time-consuming and expensive for developers.

Developers should concentrate on creating a combination of client and server-sided anti-cheat methods rather than merely relying on client-side anti-cheats. Using server-side detection and reporting mechanisms, as well as regular updates and patches to address any vulnerabilities, are some examples of how to do this.

To sum up, although developing client-side anti-cheats may seem like a reasonable solution to stop the use of exploits like Dex Explorer, it can be dangerous and ineffective. To offer a fair and pleasurable gaming experience for all players, game creators should concentrate on putting together a combination of client- and server-sided anti-cheat techniques.

4 Likes

the best practice is to detect it lol

4 Likes

Yeah, but the question was what practices you had to detect it?

2 Likes

To detect something, you have to use it. I’ m talking here because i have used Dex Explorer before and there is a big issue in detecting it. It’ s in a service that the client cannot access! CoreGui. And no there is no way to bypass the can’ t access CoreGui using game.DescendantAdded sadly… But the weird thing is that if you use an executor you can actually access it without any problems. This really leads me to ask why roblox won’ t let us access CoreGui with the use of scripts? It could make detecting Dex way easier, but not so easy that there won’ t be work arounds… Exploits already have functions that let you disable connections so they can just disable a DescendantAdded or ChildAdded event and easily get away with it. Dex also has another purpose which is copyng the game using a custom executor functions ( functions that executors have that the roblox client doesn’ t ) named saveinstance() and if there are no possible way to fully detect it, literally nothing is stopping exploiters from copyng the game and the client sided scripts which can be decompiled too!

1 Like

its detectable like everything an exploit does even the executor itself is detectable by secret means

1 Like

Yes, but because Exploits have a Security Level of 7-8, they can acces everything, the closest thing is the Command Bar, with a Security Level of 4, which is nowhere close to Exploits

1 Like

How can Dex read scripts? I thought all of them are compiled at runtime, printing their .Source property shows empty.

I assume Dex is just reading the bytecode at runtime and maybe decompiling it to show the “original” code.

this is exactly what happens, and is why variable names comes out as gibberish as that is also mixed up

Or they’ll just delete the anti-cheat…

1 Like

script’s have a thing called script.Source all it does is do

scriptSourceProptery = script.Source

Did you not see this part of my reply?

1 Like

It is literally in the dex source code, one second

local function LoadScripts(Script)
        if Script.ClassName == "Script" or Script.ClassName == "LocalScript" then
            task.spawn(GiveOwnGlobals(loadstring(Script.Source, "=" .. Script:GetFullName()), Script))
        end
        for _,v in ipairs(Script:GetChildren()) do
            LoadScripts(v)
        end
    end

there is the exact piece of code that is in dex

That’s a bunch of exploit-marketing bunk. There’s only two ‘levels’ of exploit. Client side and Server side - the latter of which only happens to games with backdoor scripts (such as those found in sketchy free models) or exceptionally terrible server side security. (e.g, a ‘killPlayer’ RemoteEvent on the client that actually kills players on the server when it is fired)

When your print that, what would be outputted?

Roblox wont let us access core gui because if they did it would allow developers to read vital information that may be held there or manipulate game pass prompts to scam people.

1 Like

This is only for Server Scripts or local scripts with no bytecode

It’ s pretty much not because if there were only 2 levels then why can’ t the Client or Server access CoreGui but exploits can? Obviously a security level sounds ridiculous but it is true

From what I know there’s security levels, taht it’s 1 for Client I think, 2 for Server, 4 for Comamnd Bar, 6 for Plug-Ins if I’m jot wrong and 7-8 for Exploits, Plug-Ins are the only thing that can access Core GUI, but you can’t do anything with it I think