What would you add to make this stand out more?

What could I do to make this build stand out better! also I could use a helper if you’re a low-poly builder :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I love low poly, like I really love low poly. I adore the cute style and friendliness feeling of low poly. Just thought I’d point that out there. :+1:

Additions

So far, I really love the trees, the only thing I’d suggest on the tree side of things is just a larger variety of them. Perhaps different colors like the large one you have the in far back. That and some regular oak trees to would look nice. It seems you are advanced in making trees for a low poly aspect, so if I were you, I’d wing it and make some oak trees and or cherry blossoms for a nice pink highlight. If that isn’t too extravagant anyways, perhaps even little bushes such as the ones you put in front of the labeled 13 house, but instead of just in that one set location, I’d scatter them everywhere along the map. (Don’t clutter however)

As for the landscape, perhaps make a mesh for the land/grass that the town, I presume, sits on. What I mean by this is adding little unevenness along the land, like hills and ponds. I feel like that would give it a more, for a lack of a better term, natural feeling. If you want to get some more detail in there, possibly add little grass blade meshes along bushes, rocks, and trees. Although along with the bushes I suggested earlier, I’d remember not to clutter your land with the bushes and grass since this is a low poly build after all.

For your sidewalk you have going on that wraps around the street, I’d change it to a mesh that has evenness, the same size, but has like a rock feeling to it. Also to add along with this, I’d perhaps change the color of the sidewalk to a grey or dark grey tone to give it a more refined town look… if that makes sense :sweat_smile:.

Final Thoughts

I really love with what you have done so far with this building, and I hope you continue and finish with a beautiful build after all of this. Possibly add some of the suggestions I listed earlier and this should stand out more…hopefully anyways. Good luck, the best of wishes!
:wink:

2 Likes

Ah, this is quite nice. You could add flowers, rocks, and different styles of trees.

Instead of having multiple topics for feedback on the same thing, I suggest combining all of them.

2 Likes

This?

That does look better in my opinion, a nice touch to make it feel more smoother and better matching all together. Perhaps even add a outline/border around the concrete/sidewalk. Of course if you did add the border, I would refrain from it being the same color, and I’d make it a tiny bit darker than the color you used on the street. :wink: Nice job!

1 Like