What would you like to see at Connect 2023?

Hey developers,

We’re thrilled to announce that Connect is returning this summer for its second edition! Connect is a fully virtual event that includes workshops, challenges, and networking opportunities for everyone. To learn more about Connect 2022, please refer to this link: Read more about Connect 2022.

We would love for you to nominate any topics you would like to see covered this year, and whether you would be interested in volunteering as a speaker. Please take a moment to share your thoughts and interests by completing this survey.

Looking forward to seeing you at Connect 2023,
Developer Engagement Team

54 Likes

Never been, but sounds like fun! Any set date when connect will be happening?

4 Likes

I would like to see what Roblox has been doing about exploits and how they are going to prevent them.

I would also like to see what has happened with Byfron.

12 Likes

I could say it in the survey, I see no reason to ask a question that can be asked elsewhere

4 Likes

Yes, I think we would all like to see how Roblox will implement Byfron, last I saw (If I remember correctly lol) Roblox was testing some features from Byfron.

https://twitter.com/Bloxy_News/status/1579888787240341505

4 Likes

I’ve applied to give a talk on managing business-critical data at-scale as a speaker!

3 Likes

So excited to see this! I loved my experience at connect 2022 and can’t wait for connect 2023!!! :star_struck:

I haven’t seen this system of volunteering to be a speaker at the event so I’m interested to see how it works out, really grateful that there’s a survey for developers to add what they want to see at this upcoming event.

Hope to see many of you there! (On Guilded?)

5 Likes

I’d like to see what Roblox has planned for it’s graphics coming in the next few years.

2 Likes

sounds fun… yeee… what do you get in the event :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Byfron.
Byfron.
Byfron.

Point, blank, period. The time for anti-exploits is now. Talk to developers how you’re spearheading that effort.

7 Likes

Byfron, please. Tackle these god dang exploits.
Videos. It’s been two years, Roblox.
Making audios public again. Once again, it’s been over a year.
Transferring games from user ownership to group ownership. The feature request for this is over 6 years old. Several different staff members replied. You know it’s there. A developer quit over it. Please actually care about your platform and talk to your developers about things you’ve procrastinated about for years.

4 Likes

i would like to see what roblox has been doing about exploits and if there is anything new coming to particles anytime soon

5 Likes

i would also like to see reasons for shader-type distort effect not being implemented even tho it was promised to us in a form of a blur material back in 2016, the glass already features this effect but it is disabled on low graphics levels instead of being tuned down

2 Likes

Obviously with the implementation of StreamingEnabled bigger worlds are now able to exist in an optimized environment - but what more is coming to Roblox in terms of optimization or StreamingEnabled?

DEVEX DEVEX DEVEX talk please. I’d love it if they tell us the approximate year we can expect a DevEx increase. Sorry to sound too excited!

2 Likes

Exploiters, Byfron, anti-cheat, and the future for Roblox and Roblox Developers.

Free AZ-104 exam like Ignite 2019-2021 again please.

It’s cool how Roblox escapes that bureaucracy. These commenters are wise.

Exploits. Good call. I know what Saville says in AZ-104, the most secure system is one no-one can use.

I vote for language and IDE improvement. Android had Java, now Kotlin, both with top end IDE’s. I try to use Rojo and VS Code so that leaves…

Lemur and other tools that can be used in my CI pipeline please. I so need to get Linux back as my desktop.

I would like to see a talk on community management.

Maybe the #level-up team could have a panel/presentation? @BreakfastCandy

I’d also like to see a follow-up from the Talent Hub team, it’s grown greatly since the Connect 2022 presentation.

This event could also be a way for different teams at Roblox to hear feedback from the community regarding different things. Maybe a panel on Terrain.

Roblox has many events overs it’s lifetime, many listed in Roblox’s YouTube channel. Maybe updates to some of those? Not sure who all would be available and whatnot, but it’s an idea.

1 Like

Hello!

Thank you to everyone who completed the survey. Connect is an event centralized around community-focused workshops. If you have any more topic suggestions that the creator community would like to learn more about or would like to apply to be a speaker, please fill out the form, as it will be closed on Sunday, April 15th.

8 Likes