What's a reasonable price for my game icon?

• 25R$
  • 50R$
  • 100R$
  • 150R$
  • 200R$
  • 250R$
  • 300R$
  • 400R$
  • 500R$
  • 1000R$+

0 voters

These are just random variables, feel free to reply with your own estimate if it isn’t listed here.

https://imgur.com/cdYIf9s (game icon)

3 Likes

Wow thanks! if you said 1,000+ could you specify how much exactly?

1 Like

In my opinion, 100 to 250 would be a reasonable price for your game icons. They’re not too bad. Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

I think it worth 50-250 it’s a good price, nice job :+1:

3 Likes

Everyone on this thread is wrong. 1,000 R is like nothing for a game icon. Don’t sell yourself short. I would pay 5-20K R$ for a single game icon.

This one in particular looks like it is in the 5K range for me personally. I would charge around there for it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow, thanks a lot! I hope to improve my designs especially the lighting and importing a scene onto blender.

2 Likes

No problem! Here’s what other GFX artists are charging for their work if you’re interested:

2 Likes

Keep in mind the time and effort. As a graphic artist I spent hours on work and only sold it for 200. This for 5k is not 100% worth it. It is VERY beginner and looks like I could watch a YouTube tutorial and learn it in 20 minutes. I do not want to sound rude but I think 100 would be a good price for this. It is very basic and doesn’t have much shadowing. I think it is generous of you but in the real world, that won’t be a final offer. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

How can I improve? what would you recommend with lighting? Manually edit it on a software or do it on blender?

It really depends how you are going, if you were to render that whole scene in blender I would easily pay you 5000. I suggest practicing a lot in rendering since most artists are really good at rendering to the point where they wouldn’t even need to edit it and it would still look amazing. I wish you good luck!

1 Like

Honestly that’s your problem. 200 R$ is like literally under a dollar. This image isn’t pristine, but that’s still massively selling yourself short. 5K R$ is completely fair.

I think intended_pun in exaggerating a little bit for this particular icon, but I still agree with him. Why would you work so hard for 200 r$ when you can just work at mcdonalds for far more?

3 Likes

Because one is a massively repetitive job with no room to move whatsoever in terms of how you do it, and another is a profession where creativity is essential and you have the freedom to do what you want in order to achieve an art piece (depending on your customer).
i.e. Working at McDonalds =/= working as a graphic designer; you can’t compare apples and oranges.

If all you wanted was money, then graphic design isn’t the most lucrative practice in the business; there’s certainly other things you could do to earn more money. You mostly (or at least somewhat) do it because you prefer the experience of rendering/editing a piece and seeing how it turns out, and the profit you make is a nice add-on.

This is within the scope of roblox graphics of course. Once you get higher up on the design ladder, your income does increase to the point where its acceptable to say you might be in it for the money, but one would like to think you have some sort of passion for doing it as well, otherwise you could’ve just gone into another job.

No shade intended towards anyone working at mcdonalds, if you enjoy it then power to you. My point remains though that graphic design isn’t simply for money.

1 Like

I think the Render looks nice but as a viewer(for some reason) “New” on the bottom right makes me feel akward

I understand your view, and to some degree I agree with it.

My point was that 200 R$ was a lowball price, and he should ask for more in the future considering the time/effort he put into it.

Don’t sell yourself short, keep creating graphics and continuously keep improving and mastering your skills.

The game icon is the FIRST thing people see, it’s an incredibly important aspect of any game, and developers are willing to invest greatly for good icons.

You have creative ideas, and a great vision, just work on mastering the skills you already have.

1 Like

You’re work is amazing. To be honest, I would gladly pay over 2,000 robux for an icon like this. Keep creating more graphics, you are very good! :+1:

1 Like