What's Coming in 2019: This Year's Developer Roadmap

Same here, been getting that problem.

2 Likes

The page should be back up now!

6 Likes

Awesome features coming up this year! Iā€™m very excited :grinning:
Maybe this is the best year for the Devs

1 Like

Particularly excited for terrain vegetation and custom materials! (I hope that custom materials apply to both bricks and smooth terrain)

5 Likes

Hard to keep my optimism after looking at last years and this years charts and what we have actually seen. We have seen many things that were promised in the current quarter that havenā€™t even been shown to use yet. Not even half the list for this quarter is done and we are on the edge and well on our way to quarter three.

Also, it looks like they removed the third lighting update from the roadmap which makes me believe either it was cancelled or it was pushed back even farther.

1 Like

Thatā€™s kind of just how these things go, Iā€™m just glad they are giving us some idea of future plans as opposed to the old system of just springing everything on us with no warning. Itā€™s hard to predict when something will be finished, and I imagine even more so when you have to ensure compatibility across a wide range of devices.

Pretty sure we clearly communicated this:

FIB phase 3 (with full local light specular etc support) is not shipping this year. It turned out to be way more ambitious than we thought.
What is shipping this year is what we call FIB phase 2.5 which is an improved shading model with a nice surprise wrt a long neglected feature. This is critical to support custom materials as well.

But yeah we are sometimes aggressive in the initial planning and sometimes things donā€™t work out as we thought they would. Please bear with us.

16 Likes

Soā€¦ when can we expect to get this?

at the very least though, you know when you can expect not to have it haha.

1 Like

I apologize, I must have missed that post about the FiB phase 3 being released later.

Well, Iā€™m talking about Phase ā€œ2.5ā€ which he said would be released this year

Apologies if this isnā€™t the place to ask, but when Game Access Permissions launch, will they be available with paid access games? I only ask this because I want to make my game paid access, but there are a few people who I donā€™t want able to access my game due to their behavior around my gameā€™s and othersā€™ communities. Iā€™d rather not use a hacky blacklist system to keep them out, which they wouldnā€™t know unless they purchased access and could potentially get me punished for percieved scamming, or have to use a gamepass to allow access, which could potentially lead to an influx of place dislikes of younger players who feel scammed.

1 Like

This feature does not correlate with ā€œblacklistingā€ people, but rather its about adding friends and groups to edit or play your game without having to make it public.

4 Likes

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks.

I see many configure pages are getting updated this year, Could this mean an upcoming redesign of the Create page?

1 Like

The update appears to be reverted hopefully this update is bought back.

Was typed lua pushed back or am I going crazy? Also, is there an estimate on when universe scripts will release now? Will they never release?

1 Like

The page was updated as they continue to aggressively plan the future of Roblox and reorganize as they develop. Phase game updates and universe scripts appeared to have been deferred for the time be as theyā€™re large features that take a lot of resources and planning to finish.

The website page seems to not work as it returns a 502 Bad Gateway.

The Developer Hub and a lot of its pages are down, including pages outside the API reference like this one, see:

2 Likes