What's giving us such a low visit time?

NEW RESULT:
I found the game very interesting… With very interesting bugs such as

golem being too wide in one specific map

LEVEL UP screen is unvanishable

How much I played it.

2 Likes

Did you enjoy the game more, the same, or less with the new updates? We’ll look into these glitches, but we also want to know if our game has given you a more enjoyable expirience since last time you played.

1 Like

I enjoyed it very muchy more than before, but the screen just annoyed me and made my game unplayable.

I understand. It should be a quick fix. If it ever happens again though, leaving and rejoining fixes it, but I’ll try to fix the issue anyways. I’ve created a new poll because the game has been updated alot since the poll was started.

1 Like

game seems overall clunky, could benifit from just some extra polish
gameplay isnt that engaging, maybe add a speed element similar to evade
maybe learn how to make it procedurally generated to offer a more unique experience every time

Did you play by yourself? The game isn’t as fun as it is with other players!

there is nobody playing it so the only option i had was playing it solo

Fair enough. Anyways, there’s a randomly generated maze gamemode, to solve the procedurally generated issue. And what should we polish, and what makes it seem clunky? And what makes the game not engaging?

the maps are completely block built and could benfit from some more detail

the ai seems lackluster and the camera is pretty janky

the gameplay isnt very fun, maybe try adding another element such as sliding and momentum to run from the golem

That’s a good idea, one that we probably should add, but how does that make the game more fun?

If the AI was made any more accurate it would be nearly impossible to escape it. Also, what exactly is wrong with the camera? It it because it’s mostly stationary?

This is probably because of the building style, and I don’t believe it’s a problem, but please tell me if you do think it is, because I might be missing something.

Okay, I have one tip for you:

Play Flee The Facility

That Game is perfect!
Take some inspiration from it and you will understand what your Game doesn’t have and makes it be not so much played

1 Like

I’ve played Flee The Facility before, and have taken some inspiration from it already. However, I still don’t see what the game doesn’t have.

1 Like

Okay, I might have a few ideas, another Game you should play is Piggy, it’s similar to Flee Teh Facility, but it has its own originality, here’s a few things you might add:

• You have to solve riddles to escape
  • You are able to fight the Golem, maybe you can escape him instead of just straight up dying, something like Flee The Facility’s mechanism
  • Gamemode where Players can be the Golem
  • IDK

I suggest you search for Games similar to yours and see what they have, I think your Game type is something like a “Escape the Maze”+”Escape from ___” kind of Game, so search some of them up (the good ones), play them and see what they have that you don’t m

All those things are almost all inside of Maze Craze. I don’t mean this rudely, I really don’t, but have you played the game?

No I currently haven’t, but I will when I’m able to, currently I’m just giving you a few ideas I think are good

No, it’s not quite that kind of genre, although it may have seemed that way if you read the replies without playing the game, and I can understand why you thought that. It’s more of a combination of an action game and a puzzle game, with a little bit of competitiveness to promote fun.

While it might not seem that way at first, especially if you’re playing alone, after playing for a few minutes, you begin to get the idea.

That’s ok! I’'ll create a gameplay video so you know what to expect in-game(of course, I won’t show everything, because there are some secrets that you have to discover yourself :slight_smile:).

1 Like

Okay, I played for a few minutes and there’s a few things I’ve noticed:
First:
The thumbnail looks clickbait to me, it seems not well-thought, I think you could get some inspiration from Flee The Facility’s one, as it shows you everything (about) in the Game just by looking at it, or at least, that’s the feeling it gives to me
Second:
The Golem seems (not trying to be rude) but it seems builders in 10 minutes, the neon in the eyes it’s way out of place, and it seems too blocky, but if you’re going for that style then you’re good
Third:
I didn’t play the tutorial, but the Gameplay didn’t seem clear to me at first, I see you’re going for a young audience (or at least, that’s what the style do teh Game seems) so you should make the Game a bit more easy to understand, Sharkbite is a good example as it tells you exactly what hat to do before the round starts
Fourth:
You could make the Golem cutscene (the one where the Golem comes in the maze) a bit more spicy, if you get what I mean
Fifth:
The billboard GUI that says Golem is a bit out of place, as it can become very very big, so you should fix that
Sixth:
I think I found a bug, I was in the water map, I went to a river(?) and there was a lever, I pressed teh lever and it seemed taht a bridge went up and down, but after the Golem cutscene it disappeared
Seventh:
The GUIs are almost all the same Color, which makes them seem made in 10 minutes, I didn’t watch the GUIs too much
Eight:
When playing it in another language everything is gibberish, I know it’s probably not your fault, but I think taht you should think about that once the Game is better and you will have a bigger audience
Ninth:
The Golem killed me straight up, (or at least, it seemed to me) you could make that better, you could make something like a Flee The Facility mechanic, something similar to that, something like:
(Thsi is only my idea, if you don’t want you can not implement it) the Golem finds you, he gets you, and he ties you on his back, another Player has to come from the back and free you?
(If they aren’t able to do taht the Golem will lock you somewhere

Other than that I think it’s pretty good, I suggest you play/watch some of these Games/Movies:
Piggy
Shark bite
(Watch) Maze Runners

Side note:
Sorry for giving you ideas without playing the Game :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Another update!:
I played the Tutorial, there’s a few things I would like to point out:
I was able to see the win pad:

At the last button, in the second map, there is a place where you can go, I went there 3 times but here wasn’t anything, I suggest removing it

The spikes should damage you and not straight up kill you

The Tutorial would be way better if you added an NPC which would guide you trough the maze and help you, and at the end he dies and you get saved (thsi would allow you to add lore)

Other than that I’ve seen more options in the main Game (Q, run etc.) which weren’t covered in the Tutorial, I suggest you cover them

1 Like

I played again, now it was clearer and I knew more of what to do, here’s a few things:
I’m able to see keys’ tags trough walls
I’m the river map it’s possible to leave bwhind the Golem, you activate the bridge go ahead and someone closes the bridge, thsi allows the other person to not have teh Golem following them
The Lobby is pretty poor, there isn’t much things
Difficulty should be chosen based on the Players level, as I’m new and someone can choose Extreme and I would die as son as the Game started, so I suggest getting very Player’s level and getting the average and change the difficulty based off of taht
On easy mode it took me less than 2 minutes to get to the win pad, you should make the maze bigger in taht case

Probably it took you 2 hours to read all of this, but good job for reading up to here!

That’s supposed to happen.

That would completely negate the voting system; if most of the players are new, that their requests will be heard anyways.

I believe that the reason for that is because it’s an easy, but the maps get longer and harder as it goes on.

You’re also supposed to be able to see it. It’s to make it easier for players to locate them.

They follow a color pallete, and they’re not all the same color. If everything was all in different colors, it could make the game seem messy.

I don’t think you can change the “GUI getting big” issue, but I might look into it.

How do we do that without boring the player? Isn’t the tutorial supposed to do the job of teaching the player anyways? Also, the game is generally for all age groups.

Well, it’s supposed to showcase the updates rather than everything in the game, since there’s a lot of extra features that seem very hard to fit into a thumbnail.

Thanks for taking the time to give so much feedback to our game!