Whats the best way learning to script?

Hello, I have been trying to learn to script but it makes it diffucult i watched peaspod full series but, I am still struggulling i would like a tutor but i dont want to invest my robux into for something they did for free any ideas will be aprreciated.

9 Likes

The best way it to be taught by someone who is a very good scripter. You can try online tutorials, programs, models, whatever, but if you want to progress the most then use a scripter to teach you. It is my only regret that now I wish I had done. The same goes for learning a language. You can try it only one, but you will only know the basics. The only way to speak fully fluent is with a native speaker of the language. Hope this helped.

8 Likes

And for the robux thing, I’m sure someone out there would be nice enough to teach for free. Keep searching.

4 Likes

The best way I found was just jumping in roblox studio inserting random stuff and taking a look at it. I said “I want to make an obby game.” Then I built the obby searched how to make a kill brick made the kill brick, moved onto moving parts googled how to do that. Thats at least what I did, I suggest watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPrE4lpTFCU

2 Likes

In my opinion the absolute best way to learn how to script is trial and error, try to make something simple, and if you get stuck use all your resources to figure it out (Devforum, Wiki, Youtube, Google) and when you do figure it out thats one skill you’ve learned, and if you keep repeating you will continue to learn new things about scripting every time.

5 Likes

The way I learned to script was by making projects. You also have to evaluate your values when making this game though. Don’t focus on monetization too much when making a learning game. Just say I wanna make “this” then try to learn everything you need to know to get it done. Working on a long term projects can expose you to a lot of scripts.

5 Likes

Cool i will try your advise i see it very helpful i hope it works

I have 2 friends that scripts but i am not sure if they can do it they are good i have worked in projects with them lets see if they are fine

Yeah but i am strugguling i need a little bit of a push from a tutor do you know what i mean?

If you have discord I can try to help you

1 Like

I recommend TheDevKing videos on his basics scripting playlist he’s tutorials are easy to understand and when he’s teaching try them out in studio and take notes that will surely help.

Psss watch the playlist a few times you will surely understand! I wish the best of luck

3 Likes

Oh Cool add me RocketDevs#0001

Yeah i have watched some of his but he likes takes a lot of time to explain and get puts of the title just to show thing’s

No he your probably watching his advanced series watch his basics series with a white background.he takes from 4-10 mins compared to other which takes 15-30 minutes for a simple scripts

1 Like

I watched both but thanks for the advixe i appreciated it helps me more but i dont think he really does the job in my opinion i rather learning by a tutor

1 Like

Yeah tutoring is good but it causes money

1 Like

I mean theres people who teach for free i just need too keep searching

1 Like

Use the search bar. This is probably the most common post in all of the roblox developer forum.

1 Like

One of the ways I learned to script was just to watch youtube videos and follow along what they are making and they use arguments that I never used to know but most youtubers explain what the script does and how it works

So I just followed along with them making games and I also looked at many DevForum posts to fix my problems

With this method I learned how to properly script in about only 1 month so I recommend you use this method too

Hope you have a wonderful day in the DevForum Community!

2 Likes

I leanred scripting on a school. Then in my free time I saw Roblox. And I wanted to script there to. So I started, but I saw it was Lua. And not what I saw in my programming school. So I started to learn on the Roblox Developper Hub. Then I was looking on YouTube for tutorials. And now I can script really good in Roblox. So. Yea. Now I learn from myself. Just by testing some things.