What's the best way to get started into 3D modelling?

Hi everyone, I recently started developing. I am really interested in getting start with 3d modelling . But the problem is I don’t know where I can get started what application shall I use and what tutorial shall I follow? Any suggestions where I can get started?
And my goal is to make a car like this:

2 Likes

I have only tried 3D modeling, and it’s not my area.

With that said, I understand Blender to be the definitive 3D modeling application. I recommend starting with the donut tutorial by Blender Guru. Blender Guru is a very good channel for watching tutorials, if not the best.

3 Likes

Blender is my top recommendation for people wanting to start 3D modelling, ever since 2.8 it’s become very beginner friendly. If you’re wanting to get familiar with the basics at first there are a few really good channels out there that go into depth about the different short cuts, how to navigate around, and what basic tools do etc. If you’re starting out Blender Guru’s donut series is really good for learning the basics, but if it’s low poly you’re after I suggest videos and channels like this and polygon runway if you wonna start off sorta advanced. That would most likely get you to the level of modelling cars quicker, either is good just make sure you get the basics down and in your head first before trying to dive in and make the car straight away.

3 Likes

Blender is best in terms of features for a free 3d modelling tool. That means there’s a lot of YouTube guides, tutorials that will show you step by step how to do it! I recommend using the 2.8 version or you could use the updated version.

I would recommend blender gurus beginner tutorial (donut & mug one) is a great place to start, it’s incredibly informative in terms of learning the basic tools, techniques, and workflow of blender. He also goes into more detail and explains. Keep learning how to use blender as its very useful and it’s free, however you could make a bunch of low poly builds with blender and studio, however it takes practice and patience to get the hang of blender.

Also here is a few topics about this it has a few tips and tutorials on how to get started:

4 Likes