What's the best way to learn scripting?

the title says it honestly, I have been listening to tutorials but they haven’t been helping, especially when I need to make my own custom scripts, I have to rely on my friends which is something I don’t wanna do.

1 Like

There is really no best way to learn scripting but the word “opinion” makes it happen possibly, i advise some stuff like going in the toolbox searching for some stuff like a keycard door, examine the scripts, investigate what some functions could do and you could mess around with it, a more simple idea could be going to a roblox studio website called the developer hub.

It contains all possible functions, properties ROBLOX Studio has like for an example: coroutines, while loops, collection services, data stores, etc. What it does more is that it gives you more definition and explanation on the functions, properties.

If it doesn’t help you then atleast i motivated you.

3 Likes

It’s difficult to say what the “best” way to learn scripting (coding) is :smile:
Everyone is unique and different in a way, and not everyone learns things in the same way.

With coding, some people learn by examples and editing them, and others learn by reading the “theory” about programming and then applying some of the knowledge to a project. Others learn by seeing someone else do it first, then try to do the same. I can’t tell you how you will learn best, but I can point you to the resources so you can find out on your own.

I’ve talked somewhat about this before here:
Help with advancing my scripting experience? - #8 by Affenity

Here’s a resource page I found useful: Scripting Resources Mega List

3 Likes

There’s alot of threads related to this, next time use the search bar :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey. I personally recommend this book: https://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Roblox-Coding-Book-Unofficial/dp/1721400079

I primarily learned from that book, and I really don’t know anyone who hasn’t after reading it.