What's The MessagingBusService ?!?!

:ocean: Hello Guys :wave:

• I make a little bit research roblox documentation on these days and I came across this service as something I didn’t know. no source mentions what this is and roblox’s documentation page doesnt shows any method for this service. I’ve heard a few reports that the injections of exploits are detected with this. If someone knows, can someone explain or if someone who sees this from roblox staff can help?

Thanks for reading my post and thanks in advance if you can help. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

There is a lot of services that aren’t publicly accessable. Like I haven’t used a lot of these services ever…

(Like what in the world is there so many Studio services? Like Team Create Service? I’m sure roblox needs it, and all of them, but the avarage player can’t do anything with most of them)

Considering that There is a docs for it with nothing on it. It probably is a mesaging service used for roblox to manage their own systems hosted on roblox. I wouldn’t worry about it too much

1 Like

i still need help please someone look at this post

1 Like

it aint on the roblox api reference (About - Roblox API Reference)

this is pretty much a dead end and you’ll have to wait until somn else happens to it (which probably wont happen for a while haha)

1 Like

Wrong. As for the OP, it’s just another one of those obscure services with unknown purpose that are locked to RobloxScriptSecurity and you can’t do anything with them (like, at all).

2 Likes
1 Like

Reading the unofficial API reference, I assume this is some kind of backend for the developer-accessible Messaging Service. The MessagingBus has the same methods as the regular Messaging, but with the addition of Message IDs and protocols (which can handle two types of subscriptions for whatever reason, I assume one is sorted and one is immediate send). But since it’s RobloxScriptSecurity, we cannot actually use it without exploits (which is a big no-no), and this is purely a speculation. As for exploit detection, I haven’t ever heard of this being used.

i sended a link you can research & look

1 Like

I didn’t see your post, you sent it while I was writing mine, my bad. Well either way that method of detecting exploits isn’t possible anymore due to RobloxScriptSecurity.

ah, thanks for the correction!

2 Likes

Seems as if it did have a use after all… Looks like Synapse used to have the side effect of changing this service’s behavior and that could be detected. Either way, it got patched a year ago so it’s no use now.
Judging by the docs, I guess that this service is used internally for telemetry and other remote tampering with servers.